Chapter 13

*George's POV*

I glanced to my side. Megan was clinging onto me, her body trembling and her face glued to the screen in terror.

I smirked, "It's not even the scariest bit yet."

Shooting me evils, she put on a gruff voice, "Oh, I'm sorry that I'm not as brave as you, Mr. Shelley."

I laughed as she turned her attention back to the screen, trying to look composed and not phased. She was so goddamn cute. I felt my eyes being drawn to her lips...they were just so...

She jolted up from the bed as she let out a yelp, "That's it! You can watch the rest on your own."

I paused the film, whining disappointedly, "Noo come on Megs! Just watch the end of it, please?"

She held her hands up in surrender, "Nope, I'm done, sorry!"

"For me?" I pouted.

She folded her arms and looked at me in a way which told me that she definitely wasn't going to change her mind.

I sighed heavily, "Fine, fine, fine! What do you want to do then?"

She beamed, happy that she'd won, "Play a game, to get to know each other better."

I raised an eyebrow quizzically, "A game?"

"Yeah," She mimicked my facial expression, "Problem?"

"No, it's just you'd rather play a game than snuggle up to me? I'm hurt!" I gasped in mock horror.

"Pretty much!" She giggled.

To be honest, I didn't care what we did. As long as I was spending time with her. She sat back down on the bed, crossed-legged on top of the covers. I remained warm and cozy underneath.

"Okay, so what game did you have in mind?" I asked, clapping my hands together.

She stroked her chin, mimicking that she was thinking, "Hmm...20 questions?"

I grinned, "Perfect! You go first."

I love this game!

She pursed her lips, thinking of something good to get the ball rolling, "Let's start with something simple...biggest fear?"

"That's easy - moths," I shivered at the thought of them.

"Celebrity crush? Apart from me, obviously," I winked cheekily.

"Wow this is so hard, you know, seeing as your the only celebrity that ever runs through my mind. I honestly don't think there's anyone else!," She replied sarcastically.

I waved my hand dismissively, putting on a pompous voice, "Oh stop you do flatter me so. But honestly, who?"

"Probably Zac Efron, I dunno."

I scoffed, "Seriously?"

Oh God, she likes that kinda guy.

The corners of her mouth curled into a smile, "Yeah...what's wrong with him?"

I tried my best not to appear bothered, "Nothing, he's just...meh, I mean I suppose he's alright."

He's more than alright. Everyone knows Zac Efron's hot. Great, now I sounded like I was jealous of Zac Efron. Which I am, but she didn't need to know that.

She bit her lip as if she was trying not to laugh before changing the subject, "First kiss?"

I racked my brain, "Um, 11, girls' toilets, I think. You?"

"Classy, George. 14, friend's party, absolute arsehole. Moving on!"

She diverted her eyes away from my direction, so I took this as a cue to not ask her any further questions.

It was my turn to start, "First boyfriend?"

She blushed a little, her eyes fixated on a stray piece of thread on her jumper that she was playing with, "Never had one."

What? Surely that was a joke! But before I could comment she hurriedly asked me, "Biggest secret?"

I gazed into her big, beautiful eyes. This was it. This was how it was all going to begin. How I was going to win that stupid bet. My biggest secret was my feelings for her.

I gulped, lowering my tone to almost a whisper, "Well you see I met this..." I began just as the door swung open, making us both jump.

In the doorway stood JJ, rocking slightly as if he'd had a little too much to drink. Man, he sure knew how to pick his moments.

He looked blankly at us both in turn, "You guys busy?"

Megan shrugged, "Nah, not really."

I glared at JJ, he was going to get it bad later.

"Great!" JJ jiggled excitedly before yelling down the corridor, "Come on guys we can use mine and George's room!"

This was followed by a stampede of feet and then Campbelle, Paulina, Josh, Jaymi, Ella and District 3 all bouncing into the room. I mouthed an apology at Megan but she just waved her hand dismissively, saying we'd do it another time.

*Megan's POV*

I'm not gonna lie, I was enjoying getting to know George a bit better. But what could we do? These drunk buffoons weren't going anywhere. And he did look really apologetic. Bless him.

I beckoned for Campbelle and Paulina to come over to where I was sat.

Just as they were apologising for disturbing me and George, Dan's voice rang out above the chatter that had filled the room, "Well come on let's get on with what we came here for eh? Truth or dare!"

"I thought he was joking about that," Paulina and Campbelle groaned in unison.

I just laughed before dragging them behind me to join the circle that had been made on the floor. I was sat with the girls on either side of me and George opposite, sandwiched between Ella and Josh. Ella. Oh joy.

She was quite clearly pretending to be drunk, bursting into song randomly, slurring her words very loudly. She was flirting horrendously with George, clinging onto him like he was her teddy bear. But to my surprise, George responded just how she wanted him to - giggling away and pulling her into a hug.

Ella looked up at me and smiled falsely. It was the bitchiest smile I'd ever seen cross someone's lips. What was she trying to do? Make me jealous? Well she was failing. Miserably. She could dangle George in front of me all she liked but I didn't like him in that way. She should've saved her energy.

I rolled my eyes. This was going to be a long night.