Chapter 1

Hey there! This is my first story - a George Shelley fan fiction :P Please read, share, comment, vote, fan and most importantly, enjoy! <3

***

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

I stare longingly at the big hand on the old clock on the wall. It's situated directly above the interactive whiteboard, so you can easily make your desperate glances at the time look like you're following the lesson.

It's a Tuesday afternoon, with only 21 minutes and 17...no, 16 seconds until the end of the day. Double maths is not the nicest ending. I tear myself away from the clock for a moment to place a stray piece of my long, messy, brown hair behind my ear. To my right sits my best friend, Campbelle Rowson, looking just as bored as I am, inspecting her freshly-manicured nails, her mass of golden angel-curls covering her piercing blue eyes.

Suddenly, a sharp nudge from Campbelle causes me to tune back into the mono-tone voice that is my teacher's.

"Hey, hey, Megs, did you hear that?!" Campbelle shrieks excitedly.

I yawn sleepily, "No, why? Some new algebra equation we need to learn?"

Cambelle is practically jumping out of her seat, "Nope! George Shelley's coming to our school! GEORGE SHELLEY!"

I pull a face, "Who?"

Campbelle rolls her eyes, "Oh, come on Meg! The singer? The singer in Union J?!"

"Ohh...him," I can't help but smile at my friend's hysteria.

Campbelle giggles, "Yes, him. And he's starting tomorrow, ahhhh!"

I notice that the whole class, minus the boys, has erupted into fits of flustered girls squealing and laughing and flailing their arms around like a group of headless chickens. I mean, seriously, what's the big deal? To be honest, I don't really know who the guy is. I've heard about him, sure, but I'm not so much the fan girling type. Campbelle took care of that. To me, he's just another guy. Who just so happens to be a famous singer. And quite hot apparently.

I turn my attention back to Campbelle, who's packing away her things. I hadn't even heard the bell ring over the noise.

"So, Campby, is he in our year or what?" I string my already-packed school bag over my shoulder.

"No, he's in the year above. But still...one year age gap's not too bad," Cambelle winks at me.

I chuckle and shake my head. Campbelle's always looking on the dating side of things.

As we pass through the doorway into the busy corridor, we blend into the stream of pupils rushing around, eagerly awaiting the next day.

A/N

So, what do you think? I know it's short but the next chapter will be longer, I promise :) <3