Chapter 1

Manvi's pov

I am studying for my exam which I have tomorrow and I am so nervous because it's of science.

Like it's very difficult for me to understand and remember.

Basically this bio, I just can't remember the name
Of the cells and mam said that they are important. How can a student of 8th standard learn all this? Just tell me god.

I am a middle class girl staying up in a family with my parents, my little shetan brother Akshat but we call him Akku in short. He is just 7 years old right now.

Chacha chachi and there daughter Muskan who is just a year younger than me.

My bother goes to a near my school just few steps away from our house while Muskan goes with me to the same school.

We stay in the same house and it becomes really a mess sometimes when you have a poky Dadi ji in your family who never leaves a chance to humiliate each and everyone.

She is very strict women after my Dad. She always want us to learn household work rather than studying but my mother didn't wanted that to happen. My Chacha ji was the one who convinced Dadi ji to let me and Muskan study in school.

People in my house are really very conservative. We can't wear very tight clothes, not even kurtas with no sleeves! I mean, because I go to school wearing a skirt, they brought me long socks so that it can cover half of my leg which is visible!

If you would be seen with boys then you are gone.

My cousin sister recently got married and that to with a boy from same caste, class and the one who have came complexion like my sister became my family thinks that colour or not a perfect body and wearing specs is a defect in you.

How do I change their thinking? I can't even if I try because we have no right to speak in such matters because we are young, because they don't consider our opinion smart enough to be taken into consideration.

"Manvi Badi Maa (Manvi's mom) is calling you to make chappati's" said Muskan

"yaar you make it na, I have exam tomorrow"

"Take a break, I am to tired"

"Tired? What did you do to get tired? Just brought a packet of Bread ! That's it"

"But for that I went to 5 shops"

I narrow my eyes at her "don't you dare exaggerate in front of me. You go and help Mummy"

"She is calling you so only you will go" she opened her book and began to write something

I frown and in frustration I slam my book on the bed and go to help mummy.

I went in the kitchen and asked "mummy help?"

She looks me "help? What for?"

"For making chapatis?"

"I have already made them"

"What? When?"

"Manvi ! Haven't you seen the time beta? Muskan helped me already"

I go out and Look at the watch. Oh god it's dinner time.

I shook my head smiling. I go to Muskan and jump on the bed and hug her "Thank you"

"Eee Leave me, where did your love go while glaring at me hunh?"

I grin and pull her cheek "I am sorry. Let's go to have food"

She smile "Do you know what's for food today?"

I raise my brows "what?"

"Dal Makhni, Raita, Roti and Rice"

My mouth began to water "wow, let's go fast"

We rush out to the Kitchen, serve ourselves on the plate and go to the TV room. Muskan and I sat down on the floor and Akku also joined us.

Chacha ji and Papa are sitting on the Sofa while the Ladies are serving all of us.

It's not like they eat after us, if they feel like they eat before us as well.

I whisper in Akku's Ear to tell Papa to change the channel to a movie one.

"Don't tell my name okay" I whisper and he nods

"Papa papa, put on some movie please"

"No, important match is going on"

Then Papa says "Akshat, You should focus on your studies not on movies, have you learned 4 table?"

He shooks

"After food learn it and tell all the table till 4"

Akku's eye go wide.

Shit !

"It was not me you want's to see movie it was Manv"

I got up "aree Akku, You had to do homework right? I will help you then you can go to sleep"

I smile at everyone and We complete our food.

I wash the Dishes with the help mom. I tell Akku to sleep in our room if he doesn't want to learn the tables. I even warn him not to disturb me while I study.

"Muskan please don't let him trouble me. Tomorrow is my last exam and I want to do it properly with out any tension"

She nods "But only if I will get a chocolate in Return"

I roll my eyes "fine"

They both while fighting with each other sleep and now I am trying to memorise the diagrams and the names along with it.

I even try to make the diagrams without looking at the books.

This diagram question will come for 5 marks and I can't lose my number in these.

I learn all the diagrams and some I have left for tomorrow morning to revise as My eyes are dropping.

I have already told Mummy to wake me up at 5 plus I have also put an Alarm on in the clock.

I close the books with pen in between the page which is very important.

Closing the lights, Scoot beside Akku and place on hand on his arm and sleep after covering three of us with blanket.

Please God the paper should come easy which I would be able to do !

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

I hope you guys liked the first chapter!

Please keep supporting through your votes and comments

Thank you ❤️