13. Mexico: Winter Sun

Disclaimer: Just the usual, y'know what I'll say.

December... For other countries, that meant snow, warm duvets and hot chocolates. For Mexico though, the tale was almost entirely reversed: bright sunlight, thin bedsheets and pineapple juice as a special treat. She enjoyed her Christmases, but she must admit that she sometimes felt a bit left out of the other nations' festivities. After all, she'd never even seen snow, let alone had a white Christmas!

Despite this, Mexico took a great deal of pride in her unique weather. After all, it was part of what made her special, helping develop her culture and boost her tourism industry; everyone loves Winter Sun, apparently!

Now, she was sat at the edge of a glittering cenote just outside of Cancun, letting waves tickle her toes and allowed the tropical rain to pour over her, soaking her hair and dampening her sun-dress. Mexico liked rain. It felt warm and homely, like an omnipotently comforting sprinkler. Amusedly, she watched the tourists canoeing around lake, occasionally dipping in to test the cenote's depth (and trying not to capsize).

It was things like this that reminded her how beautiful her country truly was; her individuality was her greatest strength and she was certain of that. She thought back to her past, the good, the bad, the beautiful, everything.

She loved every part of her historical culture, from the Mayans' temples to the Incas' ingenuity, even to present day. How special, how wonderful-

"Wake up, Mexico!" someone yelled in impatient Spanish.

"Fine..." Mexico groaned, staring irritably up at her older brother, Chile, who himself looked like he was about to die of impatience.

Wonderful things, siblings, she grimaced sarcastically to herself.

"Let's go home, I'm tired," another figure moaned, appearing from behind the Chilian.

"Be patient, Argentina!"

"Not my fault you're boring."

"Excuse me?"

And here we go again, Chile groaned inwardly, staring hopelessly at his younger sisters quarrelling. This could go on for hours...