His son, his saviour

Error had a son. This was not common knowledge but he had one. Only the bad Sanses knew about his son and error wanted it to stay that way.

Now this tale take place not long after the young princes fourteenth birthday. You see Radar had celebrated on his birthday with his dad and the gang but error(who he called mum) hadn't been there. Nor had he been back since. Radar was pretty worried; although he'd didn't always have a close relationship he loved his mum and knowing his track record, his mum had most likely gotten himself into trouble.

Now, Radar knew that mum specifically said to never go after him or to go out of their au without a gang member. This was a fact drilled into his head over and over again but he knew there was no time to get dad or any of his uncles. His mum had been missing for four days and he was going to do something about. He's fourteen now he can handle himself...

What's the worst that could happen.

Error was in a bit of a pickle, he knew that. He'd be non stop destroying for days just to keep up with the backlog and now, even with his reserves, he was running out of magic. Not sure he could keep going as he was, he made a portal to outertale to rest and regenerate for a bit. Once through the portal, Error made his way to his favourite stargazing spot, the cliff that happens to be directly over the void.

Sitting, legs dangling over the edge, he let out a sigh. A sigh of exhaustion and frustration. Not only with the situation but at himself for he didn't know how long he had been away for and wasn't sure if he had missed Radars birthday. If he had, Error was sure his son would only hate him more. Error loved Radar. He was so precious to him. Unfortunately his forced job took him away from his family a lot sometimes for days. Although, even with the limited knowledge of time that he had, Error was sure this was the longest he had ever been away. Creation was never ending and Error just couldn't keep up.

During Errors musings, he was unaware to the group that were approaching him. For the star Sanses had arrived in outertale at the tip-off from Outer who happened to notice Errors arrival. However, they weren't the only ones who had come to confront the destroyer for Radar had also finally located his mums aura and was determined to bring him home. When Radar noticed the star Sanses he hid knowing that his mum and dad wanted him to remain hidden from others. He desperately wanted to jump out and warn his mother but knew that could cause more issues that good.

Ink and dream advanced closer to Error, with blue hanging back a bit, weapons armed and ready to fight. Raising his brush and swinging it down aiming for errors head, ink attacked in hopes of knocking Error off. If he could, all his problems would be over. Just before broomie could connect though, Error dodged and a fight broke out.

Now Error was a master at dodging, all Sanses were but Error was one of the best. Unfortunately, with all the attacks that were being thrown and the stars constantly moving forward, he was running out of room to doge. "You can't dodge forever" ink yelled out mockingly. And he was right as one swing of inks brush sent Error flying off the edge and into the void.

He couldn't believe it. He had fallen and there was no way to save himself. Tears began to fall from the destroyers face as he thought about his family especially his son. 'I'm sorry nighty Radar' he thought 'I won't be home today'.

But, before he could fall further, he was caught. In a dazed state he couldn't quite tell who. There was definitely nobody there that would even want to save him let alone reach him. Then he heard a frantic call "grab the ledge I can't pull you all the way". This pulled him back into reality and while he grabbed on he realised that his son, who he had hoped to see one last time was the one who saved him. He was so happy. Not only had his son been strong enough to catch him be he was here on his own. Error was very proud but, Radar would definitely still be grounded for going out alone. That could wait though. For now error was happy to be with his son again.

Once he was back on solid ground, he hugged his son who was crying. This meant a lot to Error as even though he wasn't there all the time, Radar still loved him.

This family moment didn't last long though as it was interrupted by Inks fury "who are you and why did you save the destroyer" he demanded Radar was too stunned to speak. He was scared. For one he almost lost his mum and second he's never met these monsters and now they were yelling at him. He almost began crying again when his mum moved into a defensive position. "Leave him alone Ink. This is between us not innocent bystanders" Error growled out.

There was a heated standoff for a few moments before Error created a portal behind him. He turned to his son and told him "Radar go home, killer should be there already after noticing you missing. I'll be right behind you ok?" Radar knew he couldn't argue. He was already in so much trouble for going out alone anyway. With one last look at Error he went through.

Once he was sure Radar was safe, Error turned to Ink, flipped him off and left through the portal as well. Leaving all the stars stunned. They had to find out who this new skeleton was and where he came from. Luckily this let Error have some time off from destroying as Ink was too busy to create.

"Happy birthday dear Radar happy birthday to you" the gang cheered as he blew out the candles. They decided to celebrate again as Error had missed it. While Radar was opening his gifts Error, who was sat with his husband, leant on nightmare and sighed. This time he was happy; he had his family and that was all that mattered at this point in time. 

For now he had his friends, his husband and his son. His saviour.

Radar is still so grounded tomorrow.

—————————

1109 words

Wow two chapters so close together. I'm proud of myself.

I really wanted to write about a ship child today so this story was born. I hope you liked it.

Have a good day/night

Tatsu out