Chapter 9

The Dream

~

"Hi Stiles, Anne," Allison says nervously waving at the two walking out of the locker room.

"Hi..." Anne responds as she and Stiles smile at the two.

"I kissed her," Scott says in a dream-like trance.

"We saw," Stiles says chuchling.

"She kissed me," Scott says still in his trance a giant smile on his face.

"We saw that too," Anne laughed at his friend's state.

"I-I don't know how, but I controlled it. I pulled it back. Maybe I can do this? Maybe it's not that bad?" Scott says leaving his trance and looking at his friends.

"Yea..." Anne says nodding her head and looking over to Stiles.

"We'll talk later, then..." Stiles says not wanting to ruin Scott's good mood.

"What?" Scott asks his friends.

"The, uh, medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found..." Stiles tells his friend knowing this will spoil his mood.

"... And?" Scott asks them to continue.

"Well, I'll keep it simple. The medical examiner determines the killer of the girl to be an animal, not human," Anne explains to him.

"Derek's human, not animal. Derek? Not killer. Derek? Let out of jail," Stiles tells him bluntly.

"Are you kidding?" Scott asks.

"No, and here's a bigger kick in the ass- my dad ID'd the dead girl. Both halves. Her name was Laura Hale," Stiles tells the boy now standing in front of him.

"Hale?" Scott asks trying to comprehend the words coming from his best friends.

"Derek's sister," Anne confirms for him.

~

"So, you killed her?" Anne asks trying to understand the dream Scott had been telling them.

"I don't know, I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before," Scott tells explains to them.

"Really? I have," Stiles tells his friends smiling to himself, "usually ends a little differently though," he finishes his thought eyes lingering on Anne as he speaks.

"A) I meant never had a dream so real, and B)..." Scott looks at Stiles a hint of disgust on his face, "Never give me that much detail about you in bed," Scott finishes turning away from his friends.

"Lame, boys are weird I want details," Anne says shifting the topic farther from anything supernatural. The boys share a concerned look and then direct it at her. "what? I like knowing things, I want all the information, all the details," She admits like it's nothing.

"Ya know no, girls are the weird ones, you guys talk in too many details to each other," Stiles tells the girl next to him.

"At least we're not afraid to tell guys what we like in detail," She told him in a lowered voice and a smirk pulling at her lips. She knew that was a straight-up lie though she just wanted to watch Stiles crumble at the thought.

"I- uh- any- anyways," Stiles stuttered out not taking his eyes off Anne as his head played out scenarios, "Scott, let me take a guess here-," Stiles turns his full attention to his friend pushing away any of his thoughts caused by Anne.

"No, I know- you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out," Scott cuts his friends off.

"No, no, of course not," Anne tells him patting his shoulder, he simply shoots her a look as if reading her mind.

"Yea no, that's totally it," She admits.

"Hey, come on! It's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take," Stiles tells his friend trying to cheer him up a little.

"Yea... maybe not a class, but a teacher," Scott says looking between the two.

"Who? Derek?" Anne asks confused.

"You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?" Stiles whisper yells at his friend.

"Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus... it felt so real," Scott tells his friends, Stiles rolls his eyes before responding.

"How real?" Stiles asks.

"Like it actually happened," Scott tells them. As the trio walked out of the building towards one another their eyes stop and see the bus bay.

"I think something definitely did," Anne breathes out turning both the boy's attention to the bus bay at what she was looking at.

~

"She's probably fine," Stiles calls out to Scott trying to calm him down.

"She's not answering my text," Scott snaps back at her

"Many she is just ignoring you?" Anne tells him, "I ignore you guys sometimes," she tells them.

"You're not allowed to ignore me," Stiles pouted at her.

"It could just be a coincidence, all right?" Stiles tells his werewolf friend. "A seriously amazing coincidence..."

"Just help me find her, okay?" Scott turns to his friend his face covered in panic.

"Do you see her?" Scott asks.

"No..." Stiles tells him scanning through their peers.

"Nope," Anne says doing the same as Stiles.

"Hey wait," The two called out as Scott began to lose control, the crowd separates them from Scott.

"Attention students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses..." The principal speaks over the PA system catching the student's attention, "While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as usual."

"Yay," Anne says sarcastically turning to Stiles who saw Scott with Allison and turning the two of them heading to class.

~

Anne sat a couple of tables away from the boys knowing Harris has it out for them and not wanting to get caught up in it.

"I think you and Mr. McCall would benefit from a little distance, yes?" Harris spoke catching her attention as she peers back up to see him talking to the two boys motioning for them to move.

"No!" Stiles says as Scott gets moved to the opposite side of the room and Stiles is moved next to Anne.

"Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much," Harris smiles at the boy now sitting next to Anne.

"You gonna survive," Anne laughed a little at the boy next to her who just pouted.

"Hey! I think they found something!"

______

Word Count 1,063