Chapter 6

The Party

~

"So we now are going to Lydia Martins's party so make sure Scott doesn't kill anyone?" Anne asks watching Stiles rush around getting dressed.

"Yes!" Stiles tells her. She rolls her eyes knowing in the back of her head Derek can handle him.

"Then do you think we could stop off at my house so I can change into something more... fitting?" She asks looking at the same jeans she's worn probably 2 or 3 days in a row and the oversized hoodie she had stolen from Stiles to wear.

"Yea sure just-"

"Just don't take forever, I know, gotta hurry over so you can go get your staring at Lydia quota met," She says rolling her eyes fidgeting with the strap on her bag.

"what-"

"you've changed your shirt 3 times, that one looks amazing, stop freaking out over a girl who doesn't even look at you," she tells him bluntly playing with the strap of her bag that sat at her feet.

"Ow?" Stiles told her. She knew she had been harsh but it was true and it bothered her.

"Whatever let's go," She told him getting up and heading downstairs with her bag over her shoulder.

Stiles watched her leave the room confused by the sudden mood swing of attitude she was having more recently, especially around him. Grabbing his things and following her downstairs where she stood by the door waiting for him.

"Let's go to yours," Stile breathed out opening the door for her motioning her out to the jeep.

She said nothing and just exited the house quickly. She debated walking home and meeting him at the party later but she knew that would raise a lot of flags to Stiles and she didn't need him worrying about her too.

The entire car ride to her place was silent Stiles just drove and Anne just stared out the window at everything passing by, the 5-minute drive felt like forever to the two teens. As soon as the jeep was stopped before Stiles could even put it into park Anne jumped out of the car leaving her bag inside, not needing anything from it.

"Anne-" Stiles sighed putting the car into park as the door slammed as the girl fiddled with her keys as she approached the door of the house she shared with her father.

Anne closed the door carefully as she entered her house, her father wasn't home so she hadn't needed to worry about anything. She rushed up to her room peeling all of her clothes off quickly and searching to grab something nice to wear. She slipped on black patterned tights, and a crimson red skirt over them, she put on a short-sleeved cropped black shirt, some thigh-high heeled boots, and her leather jacket on top. She slipped on some jewelry that matched. She pulled her long hair out of the messy bun and brushed it throwing a black beanie over her head, deciding her natural waves would have to do, using her eyeliner from earlier in the day adding a wing to it cleaning it up, and then applying a deep red lipstick that almost matched her skirt. She looked over herself once more in her vanity mirror before grabbing her things and heading back down the stairs and back into Stiles's jeep.

"You don't open doors around us," Stiles told her firmly not moving from standing next to the passenger side door as he heard her footsteps approach him.

"Well I felt rushed, sorry, is this ok for the party?" Anne asks him, finally, he looks up at her looking over the outfit that screamed 'her'.

"No, yea, you look- yea, that's- yea," He stuttered out in shock.

"Not too much doesn't look like I'm trying to outshine anyone?" Anne asks annoyed and slightly anxious.

"No- you- you look amazing, uh-" Stiles finally said then cleared his throat and motioned into the jeep, "m'lady," he said as he opened the door for her. 

"Thank you, kind sir," she said to him in a weird proper sounding accent giggling.

Stiles closed the door and ran around to the other side driving away from her house and towards the party.

~

"We're just gonna have fun keep an eye on Scott but let him have his fun on his date, ok?" Stiles tells Anne who anxiously just stared at the house full of people.

"Yea... fun..." she mumbled still not looking at Stiles.

"Hey, Anne? Annie, look at me," Stiles tells her reaching over using a finger to carefully pull her attention from the party and onto him.

"huh?" she asks now looking at him.

"I'll be by your side the entire time, if something happens I'll be right there," he reassures her.

Anne was one to pick fights and be very open and loud about herself and her opinion and wasn't one to let people fuck around without finding out, but she hated parties because that meant drunk people, especially drunk guys.

"Let's go," she sighed shoving her phone into her pocket. Stiles shoved his keys in his pocket rushing over to her door, they then made their way in where neither of them drank and they started to socialize with their peers.

~

"Yo, Scott, you good?" Stiles asks seeing his friend stumble past them.

"Scott?" Anne asks reaching out to him, her hand barely skimming his arm as they went to follow him.

They watched as he stumbled into his car and drove off only to spot Allison getting into another car, probably a ride home since Scott kind of ditched her Anne thought as Stiles grabbed her pulling her back to reality.

"He's going home," Anne blurted as Stiles helped her inside the car.

"Are you sure?" Stiles questioned as he closed the door.

"Where else would he go?" She asks hoping he would buy that.

"Good point," He said quickly pulling out of the driveway and racing over to Scott's house.

They pulled up to Scott's house Stiles jumped out rushing to open the door and they rushed to the front door luckily it had been left open, they ran up the stairs getting to Scott's door and banging on it.

"Scott it's us, let us in!" Anne yelled through the door.

__________

Word Count 1,052