Lily Luna Chapter 4- Past, Present, Future

Chapter 4- Past, Present, Future

I woke early to the sound of tweeting owls. I peeked through a gap in the curtains to see the family owl perched on the icy window ledge. I carefully opened the window and he gave me a pile of letters then flew away into the pink clouded sky. I put the letters downstairs on the table and then got dressed before having some toast and pumpkin juice for breakfast.

I couldn't tell if anyone else was awake so before waiting for dad I looked into the boy's room but they were both asleep and then I looked in mum and dads room. Mum was dressed and sitting eating some toast while making the bed. I asked her "Where was dad?" I got the response "He's downstairs" I said "thanks" and walked down the stairs to go and find dad.

Dad was sitting by the fire drinking a cup of tea. He smiled as I walked in. Mum came down soon and sat next to me on the sofa. Dad said "Lily please can you go and get the box that I put in your bedroom." I hurried upstairs to get the sealed box before returning to the living room. Dad said "Lily Luna Potter, not only are you named after a quirky friend but my mother who taught me in the short amount of time that love is the most important thing. I also found this out from so many people telling me that I have my mother's eyes. So do you. Ginny and I wanted to give this to you to show our love to you. "I said "what by giving me a small cardboard box." my parents chuckled at my sarcasm and mum responded "No, darling people have said that you look so much like Lily so we have filled the box with love and happiness." They opened the sealed box carefully with a few spells before handing it to me , inside was lots of tissue paper and among it was a few photos. It had one picture of Lily and James dancing in autumn which was exactly the same as the one Harry had in his bedroom and one of the family when I was a tiny baby. They were all waving at me. There was also a more recent picture of Albus, James, Rose, Hugo and I. We were all sat around the fire in the burrow laughing together playing wizards chess. I said "thank you" and hugged them both before the door opened.

It was now nearly 10:00 and a very sleep James and Albus entered the room. Ginny asked "Why are you so tired boys?" James said" We were in bed but there was a pair of boxes which intrigued us." James looked towards Albus who picked up the story by saying "Well yes we tried to open them I got ever so close but it sealed again on my finger so we had to undo it and then eventually at 2:00am we gave up and went to bed." James tried to smile as if it was good that they were trying to undo powerful magic by hand with little experience. Mum calmly glanced at them and said "That is very wrong to try and undo magic especially magic that was performed by the person who destroyed he who must not be named." Dad said "I was not that good, it was mostly luck and practice. Go and get those boxes and I will open them for you." They left the room and mum said "Lily put your box on the side so you don't ruin the surprise and Harry you do have talent and skill in magic don't be so modest.

The boys came thundering down the stair and arrived with their boxes still in perfect condition, this is when I loved magic. Dad carefully opened the boxes and handed them back. Mum said to James "James Sirius Potter." Dad then said "You are just like my father. The memories of him tell us to be brave and strong. His best friend was kind and caring. You also have qualities just like me. Quidditch. Keep going and you will achieve." James took away the paper and found a tiny golden ball at the bottom. It was a brand new snitch for him to practice with and a photo of him on a toy broom and another of harry on a toy broom. It was hard to tell the difference because they were whizzing on and off of the paper. The snitch was already up in the air and mum had to confiscate it while Dad spoke to Albus. In Albus' box there was a few letters. I could not see who they were from but I guessed they were from family and friends. I was lovely to be together as a family sharing moments of the past.

VOTE!COMMENT!SHARE!