lily Luna chapter 13 It can't be...

Chapter 13- It can't be...

The sun rose early and melted the summer dew on the grass. It was hot now and I spent my days in the garden on the grass with lemonade and strawberries. I had my books spread out and read while chatting to mum. In the evening we would all sit outside and play chess while talking as the sun set leaving a summer haze on the village. Later the peace would be broken by my brothers returning from Hogwarts. It was fun being alone but they made the house more lively and eventful. Next term I would be with them boarding the train to Hogwarts. Mum and dad must feel lonely with all of us gone but that's growing up isn't it. One day we will all leave and perhaps never return and live together again. It was upsetting to think that far ahead but that time would happen. I'm sure of it.

I got dressed and had breakfast before finding mum writing away in the shade on the patio in the garden. I looked as if I was ready to go to London now bit mum said "perhaps it would be best if you stay home, I go get the boys. The Wizarding world is not the safest at the moment" my face must have dropped from the happy smile to an upset look because mum then held my hands and said "don't worry it's just that the boys will be tired and need rest but also I want to keep you safe." Those words repeated themselves in my mind before I realised I wasn't going to London. I knew dad was coming back early to care for me so I couldn't complain. I pulled over a chair and sat down opposite mum. My hair was loose so i began twirling parts found my fingers before mum passed me the pot of cherries. My hair was still curled from yesterday but was slowly falling out of the neat locks.

The sun had risen high into the sky and mum and I were still outside oblivious of the time until dad entered the garden. This meant mum was going and we hadn't had lunch. Dad hugged mum and gave her a few cold pasties that I made yesterday before saying goodbye and kissing her on the cheek. I was now alone with dad for the rest of the day. We never really had time alone but now we were. I had a few mini pasties for lunch while dad wrote a letter to someone. I sighed and looked up at him. He smiled and gave me a hug. I wanted to do something and he could tell through my eyes. He said "don't worry lils everyone will be collecting their children from London soon so nobody will be around but there is one place we can go." my face lit up with joy and I asked "where?" dad replied "diagon alley there is something I wanted to get you before Hogwarts. " he wouldn't say what but it could be anything from books to a wand to a pet. Albus had all that and a ferret as a pet while James had the same but an owl. We had the family owl, willow and I had my pigmy puff but I was told I couldn't take her to Hogwarts.

I also wanted another pet but that was unlikely. I needed a wand and a load of books but I hadn't got my letter yet. Dad said we couldn't go till willow returned so we sat outside with my lemonade and waited. After an hour willow returned holding 4 envelopes. She perched on the Back of my chair and dropped the letters into my lap. There was one to mum and dad, another to James and one to Albus. The final one was addressed to me and had the Hogwarts wax seal on the back. I nearly exploded with excitement but dad kept me calm so I carefully opened it and pulled out a letter saying.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall