lily Luna chapter 14 Is this my freedom?

Chapter 14- Is this my freedom?

I had had such a good day so far and now it could be ruined in seconds. Dad sent me upstairs while he opened the door armed with his wand but I wasn't sure why as it was bound to be mum. I found pumpkin lying down on my bed. She was wide awake and when I sat down she jumped into my lap. I could hear talking downstairs which was a good sign but progressively got quieter. I couldn't make out what was being said.Me being me I hurried down the stairs with pumpkin in my arms. Dad greeted me with a warm hug at the bottom of the stairs. First of all I saw mum and then my brother's. I said "hello" and then put pumpkin into mums arms. she gently held the kitten and took it into the living room. My brothers ran up the stairs leaving their trunks at the bottom. I hadn't noticed that George was standing in the doorway talking to dad. I past them taking no interest in their conversation. I got to the kitchen just in time to get the pie out of the oven. I guessed George was coming for dinner so got out 6 plates and sets of cutlery. Everyone came rushing into the kitchen and sat down at a small table. When mum came in she said "no seeing as this is a special day we can eat in the dining room. all the boys went through to the dining room and sat down I also went through and left mum to being in the pie.

Over dinner everyone was silent until George spoke. He said " summer is going to be very busy this year and I need a few extra hands in the joke shop. would James and Albus be interested?"

Dad said "well it would be a good opportunity for them but only if you promise not to do any tasters on them."

mum responded "yes that it what I was going to say. thankyou you will free up a lot of our time and we can help Lily get ready for Hogwarts." when dinner was over George gave us some leaflets and flooed home.

Tomorrow James and Albus were going to get their brightly coloured suits with dad and George. I hoped this was the time when I could get my surprise with rose.

When I went to bed I slept well until pumpkin awoke and meowed a lot. I got up and took her downstairs to sleep. when I returned to my bedroom I turned on my fairy lights and lay in bed thinking. my wand was on my desk and everything was perfect. my lily had changed too and now was a beautiful flower shining with glitter with the dancing fairy lights. a small note fell out of the lily just as I was drifting off. it said: "tomorrow is the day... x" I turned off my fairy lights and put the note on my bedside table and slept on the good thoughts. I was free for the summer.