lily Luna chapter 10 happiness from darkness

chapter 10 - happiness from darkness

My curtains were opened. It was early in  the morning. I think i had over slept as my curtains were open wide. Through the halfopen window in flew Willow. I got changed quickly in the bathroom and returned to my bedooom to see what willow was  bringing me a small note was dropped on my desk before letting willow fly off into the clouded sky. I picked up the note and read it slowly.

Hogwarts will be different this year

I sighed what would that mean. It can't be different because of me. Was it true or not. I went through my box of pictures and letters trying to match up the handwriting. I was almost at the bottom of the box when I picked up the last picture there was a quote written on the back 'happiness can be found in even the darkest of times' I recognised it from Hogwarts a history, Albus Dumbledore. that was it the old headmaster. It was written in the printed style like my note. I looked at the picture and saw that it was Lily and James Potter dancing around in the autumn leaves. It was lily. She was writing to me. Was she trying to ruin my dreams or was it true. Hogwarts was changing. Gentle tears ran down my cheeks I wiped them away with the back of my hand. I stood up screwing the note up in my hand and chucked it out the window. It landed in the snow but was soon buried by more snow.

***One week later***

We were up early and off to the station in 20 minutes Willow came in my window again but this time with a letter. I ripped open the envelope and quickly read it:

Lily, this sounds ever so strange but I keep getting notes from this person called lily who wants to help but is also preventing mefrom doing what i like. See you at the station Rose x

it was pointless replying as we were seeing each other soon so I would just say what I know. 'LILY! WE ARE LEAVING IN FIVE MINUTES!' dad shouted up the stairs. I had been daydreaming so much but I quickly ran downstairs, put on my wellies and wrapped up warm. Dad came down soon after with two trunks hovering behind him. we had to get to thestation with plenty of time.

We walked through the familiar station and onto the platform through the wall between platform 9 and 10 the muggle and wizarding world. We saw the scarlet steam engine blowing a puff of smoke and sounding the whistle to show 5 minutes till leaving. I saw rose and she came hurrying over towards me i said 'i know what you mean! I am having the same problem but she is kind of like a friend too.' the train whistle blew again i watched Rose, James and Albus board the train and wave goodbye I side disapperated with mum and dad back to our home. Soon it would be me off to  hogwarts but that was in a long time. or was it...