lily Luna chapter 15 a summers day

Chapter 15- A summers day

Pumpkin was now my new alarm clock and woke me up at the crack of dawn. She had obviously come in through my open door. The sun was streaming through my curtains but the house was silent. I sat stroking pumpkin, waiting for something to happen. I got dressed into a summery skirt and plain top with a long cardigain. I put my hair up in a loose ponytail before going downstairs. Dad came down and made the family breakfast. I sent pumpkin back upstairs but in the process she woke everyone up as lots of movement could be heard. Dad said to me that he had had a reply from professor mcgonagall saying thankyou lilys place at Hogwarts has been accepted. I was really happy and couldn't wait to go to Hogwarts.

when everyone had eaten breakfast George arrived with Hermione and Rose. I quickly put some shoes on and we all left. Rose and I were taken to Shell Cottage where we were greeted by Fleur who welcomed us warmly. In her living room there was two beautiful dresses. one was dark green and blue with a knee length floaty skirt with patterns like peacock feathers. the other had a pale yellow top with a white skirt tinted purple at the rim. it was like a daisy. I was given the peacock one and rose was given the daisy one. we were both delighted. Fleur had put a lot of effort into making them but how did lily know? Rose asked "where can we wear these dresses?" fleur responded "when I was at beauxbatons academy I had to have a dress. seeing as you are both going to need one sometime you might have well have a homemade one which is unique to you. Don't worry you will need them sooner than expected."

I was really happy with the dress but why would I need it? no events were coming up. Roses birthday wasnt until September and mine wasn't until October. I racked my brain for an occasion but nothing came to mind.

We sat down outside on the beach by the garden and all talked about plans for the summer. Nothing was mentioned about a party. I was even more curious. When mum and I disaperated home with the dress we spent the afternoon in the garden. Mum wrote her article and I played with pumpkin in the sunshine.

It was just gone 6 when the boys returned. They seemed to have had a good day at the shop training because all 3 of them wouldn't stop talking about it. I started to doze off but they kept asking me questions so I was kept awake by this. I went to bed early to catch up on sleep.

The cat bed was in the corner of my room but pumpkin preferred my bed at night. I took a picture of me and pumpkin using mums camera which automatically printed the picture for my box. it was filling up now and I couldn't wait to get some during the summer. I didn't go to sleep but crept along the corridor to the attic. I climbed up the ladder and entered the attic room. It was already lit up by the lamp but I couldn't see anyone. Although I could hear the soft sound of someone crying. Then I felt a cold tear run down one of my feet.