18.

Hailey's POV:

I was getting out and trying to find other people to hang out with because it's awkward around Matt now, and I don't know how to fix it!" I yelled at her.

She gasped lightly before whispering...

"Shit..."

I turned around to see Matt standing there with him arms crossed and his eyes glued to the floor, finding it one million times more interesting than me.

"What- what is he doing here?" I asked quietly.

"I was worried about you because I've been messaging you all day and you haven't even read a single one. Nobody knew where you were so I waited here for you to come home." He said quietly.

"Matt, I didn't mean-"

He cut me off quickly. "If you really felt so upset about things changing you could've just told me instead of walking around my back to hang out with some guy you got high with." He glared at me.

"How did you even know who I was hanging out with!?" I asked.

"Didn't you realized I walked in after you, I just got here. I watched him leave. You can't just hang out with someone you barely know!" He said as his tone raised at me in anger.

Now I'm a little upset. "Matt, you can't control who I hang out with. He's not a stranger!" I complain.

"Yes, Hailey. Because hanging out with the guy who you got high with at a random party IS SAFE? He's not a stranger? Really! Then where does he live? Who are his friends? What's his background?" Matt sternly says.

I shake my head. "We're trying to get to know each other dumbass! I don't magically know everything about him and you don't need to either! You don't choose what I even do! What is your fucking problem?!" I yell.

"I don't know, maybe that first you lead me on, then you ditch me because you're scared of a fucking relationship and you miss the old me? Hailey, I didn't fucking change. I've liked you for years. I didn't tell you because we never met in person and meeting in person only made my feelings fucking stronger. I pretended I saw you as a little sister and as my best friend because I was scared but when you said you needed me to stay with you and care for you and let me fucking kiss you. I thought maybe I'd have a chance. Now you say you like me but it won't work? I never changed. You just miss the me that hid how I truly felt about you. Now you're not only leading me on but another guy too? Just to forget everything? That. That is my fucking problem." He yelled at me and looked away, refusing to look back.

Once he had yelled, something inside me shattered and I felt tears begin to sting my eyes as I tried not to cry. What hurt even more was that I was the reason he was beginning to tear up too.

I don't want to lose him. I don't want to fight.

"Hailey..." Alissa said quietly.

"Alissa, stay out of it." Matt said solemnly. She softly nodded and left the house with the dog, probably taking her on a walk or to the Sturniolo's house to give us space.

"Matt... I didn't know..."

"I doubt you ever would have." He sighed, keeping his eyes to the floor.