Robert Lewandowski (FCBarcelona) - A City We Barely Know

Requested: yes
Prompt: "Lewa is away with his friends and they all end up with girls so he finds himself at the bar with a girl he doesn't know (Y/n) and that's how they meet and I'll leave the rest up to you"
Warnings: none

Robert sat in the hotel lobby annoyed. Him and his friends were meant to take a walk around the city but somehow all of them managed to find girls to go out with or maybe even do more with, hence, he was alone in a city that he barely even knew, sipping on a cheap drink.

Y/n on the other hand had just got stood up. She was in desperate need of a drink, one that would make her forget everything that happened in the past few hours. She too was in a city she barely knew. She just came for vacation and some guy gave her his phone number so they could arrange a date but surprise, surprise, she got stood up.

She walked towards the bar, her heels clicking off the marble floor of the hotel lobby before sitting on a barstool and slapping her purse down beside her. "Can I get an old fashioned, a gin and tonic, martini and a gimlet please?" She asked the bartender. He nodded and went away to make the drinks. She held her head in her hands just contemplating her life when she heard a chuckle from beside her. "That's a lot of alcohol no?" She looked over to where the voice was coming from. She saw a man, probably a little older than her with a glass in his hand, swirling some ice and cold liquor together. "You can't say much. You've got a drink too." She replied. The guy smirked. "Yeah, I guess that's true. I'm not here to get wasted intentionally though. I'm waiting for people that probably aren't going to come out of their rooms until tomorrow morning."

"Oh? And why is that?" Y/n asked, turning to face him. "They've all managed to pick up girls. I, on the other hand, have not." Y/n didn't understand how though. "Not yet." Y/n grinned. The guy turned to face her properly. She looked beautiful. Her hair, her face, everything was simply beautiful. "I like that you have faith in me." He smiled. "Well, when you've got a face like yours it's hard not to pick up some girls." She outstretched her hand to introduce herself. "I'm Y/n." Robert set his glass down and shook her hand with a wide smile on his face. "Robert." He replied. "You aren't from here, are you?" Y/n smiled. Robert put his glass down and looked at her. "No, but I'm guessing from your accent you aren't either."

"No, not at all. I'm from y/c." Robert smiled. "Ah, not so bad. Seems like a nice place I must say." Y/n chuckled. "Your drinks." the bartender said. Y/n turned and realised she had to pay. She put her hand into her purse to pull out some money but she was stopped by Robert. "Add it to my tab. She's my company for this evening." The bartender nodded and slid the drinks over to Y/n. "What did you do that for? I was more than happy to pay for my own drinks." She said. Robert shrugged his shoulders and drank the last of his own glass. "As I said before, you're my company this evening."
"Oh how will I repay you?" she asked sarcastically sipping on her martini. "Perhaps be my company tommorrow evening too." Y/n arched a brow. "Are you flirting?" She asked. She hadn't been flirted with much but she knew when a guy was trying. "Maybe." Y/n giggled and put her empty glass down. "Well, I'm honoured to be flirted with by someone like you." She smiled. Robert looked at her. "What do you mean someone like me?"

"Somemone so handsome of course. It's not often I get stuck with something so good looking." She winked and that was all it took for Robert to get hooked on her. She was driving him crazy ans they'd only known each other for a few minutes. "Well, maybe we should learn a little more about each other then?" Robert suggested. Y/n liked where this was going. A heart to heart with a guy she found attractive? What's there not to like? The time ticked on and there was no sign of Robert's friends and Robert was getting tired, as was Y/n. However, the pair were enjoying their conversation but for the sake of the bartenders sanity, they decided to go seperate ways and head to bed.

"Well, thank you for talking with me. I really needed that." Y/n said collecting her things to head up to her room. "Where's your hotel again?" Robert thought for a moment. What the hell was his hotel called? "I'm not sure but I'll know it when I see it." He assured her. "Are you sure you wouldn't like to sleep on the sofa in my room or something? I don't mind at all." Robert shook his head. "No, no. I'm fine don't worry. I'll just go back to my hotel. I can get a taxi anyway." Y/n was still unsure about it. He could get scammed but he didn't drink enough to be drubk so he'd be in an okay mindset. "Right well, I'll see you around then, right?" she asked. Robert nodded his head. "I'll meet you here tomorrow evening, same time?" Robert asked as she walked slowly backwards towards the lift. "I'd be down for that." There was a moment of hesitation between the two. Was there anything else left to say? What was going to happen? "So-" Robert paused. "Goodnight."

Y/n smiled softly. "Sweet dreams." She said in response. "If you're in them they'll be sweet." He joked. "Smoothe, very smoothe." Her nodded his head in agreement. "I am, I try my best." She laughed and watched as Robert walked towards the big hotel doors to go. "You won't miss tomorrow will you?" she asked one last time. Robert began walking backwards too. "Wouldn't miss it for anything!" he called back. She smiled to herself and watched as he walked out into the open air of the city they both didn't know.