Pablo Gavi (FCBarcelona) - For Forever

Requested: wattpad
Prompt: Y/n is the daughter of Shakira and Pique is her step dad. She wants to stay in Barcelona but her mother intends on bringing her to Miami but Gavi loves her so he wants her to stop it. You can end it in fluff or angst idm xx
Warnings: mentions of divorce

Y/n looked around carefully. Usually people would follow her mother or step father, but since their very public and messy breakup, they started following her too. She was waiting for her long time friend to come to the usual coffee shop they go to. She met Pablo in school. Her step father insisted on putting her in the same school as where the la masía children went. He thought it would be better for her. She would be taken care of and would learn too. As they both grew up, everyone seemed to think the pair would end up dating, but that never happened. They still to this day would say the other is their best friend. "Y/n?" She looked up and saw her friend looking at her in an amused fashion. "What?" She asked. "Sunglasses and a hat inside? I thought you were trying to hide." Shr slapped his arm and he sat down. "So I take it the whole situation is still messy." She nodded and picked at the tapas on the table. "Well at least you've still got me. We can just hang out whenever you need to talk." She let out a sigh and looked up between his eyes.

"Mami is moving. She's going to Miami." Y/n explained. Pablo smiled. "Well at least you have a holiday home figured out. You can just go out to Miami for the summer." Y/n swallowed the lump in her throat. Her face softened into one of sadness and then the realisation set in with Pablo, him now being sad also. "So, are you going to Miami or staying here?" Pablo asked, playing with his food. "I might go with Mami. She's my mother."

"And what about Geri?"

"Technically my step dad. He did help raise me but-" She sighed. "He likes Clara now. It's a bit weird considering our age gap." Y/n joked. It wasnt a joke. She just turned 19 and Clara was just 23. "So you're going to Miami." It wasnt a question. He said it to answer his first question. "Well, no one has convinced me to stay here. No one has really reached out to talk to me other than you." He tore his eyes from his bowl and up to Y/n looking upset. "I'm sure it'll all figure itself out." He said, trying to make her more optimistic. "Oh no, they're not coming back from this fight. Geri is my dad technically. He's been in my life as long as I can remember. I still remember Mami introducing me to him." When she was younger, her mother told her to just call him Papa. Geri was the closest thing she had to a dad so she never said no. It was weird for her to call him anything else.

"You have to stay here." He mumbled. "I can't. What if Mami takes it the wrong way?" Her head fell into her hands. "I'm a child of divorce." She chuckled. "I want you to stay." He whispered. "I can't. I really can't." She replied. "I will still come visit you, but I just can't live here." He sat back in his seat and let out a sigh. "I need to go to class. I'm gonna be late." She mumbled, grabbing her bag and hurling it around her shoulder. "I'll talk to you later?" He nodded and smiled. "Of course you will." He watched as she left. His mind was a warzone in that moment. Should he let her go, or should he try his best to make her stay?

That battle quickly led him to the front door of her house. Gavi let out a shakey breath as he knocked on the door to his friends home. It was huge. But perhaps that's what happens when your mother is an international superstar and your step dad is a world class footballer. "Who is it?" a clear voice suddenly asked. He looked up and around for a window or something, but then the voice called again. "Hello? Who is it?" His eyes landed on the doorbell with a camera above. "Oh, it's just me Ms Mebrak." He said. "Oh, Pablo. I'll be out in a second." He stood examining the door, not that there was much to examine. Perhaps some grooves for decoration but otherwise a very plain door. He heard the door unlock and looked up to be faced eith Shakira; his best friends mother. "Y/n isn't here right now. She's at university." She explained. "I actually came to speak with you." He replied. Shakira looked confused, but still smiled and let him in.