~bonfire~

(Haven't read over this chapter, or the future ones so I apologise for errors or things that may not make sense)                           

                        Claude frollo's pov:
"I am leaving soon" my father yelled from downstairs as he handed his baggage to the coachman. Jehan and I sat in the library, waiting for our father to leave. I then heard my mother speaking to my father, sharing a glance with Jehan before rising from my seat and walking towards the library door. I pushed open the heavy doors as my brother followed, walking to the front door where we were met by our mother. She gave us both a short glance while she spoke to our father "remember what I told you" he said to her before he turned to Jehan and me "it's time for me to leave" he said with a firm tone, I nodded "I wish you well father" I replied in a respectful matter, just wishing he'd leave quicker. Jehan gave a small nod to him as well, he didn't speak to Jehan or my mother, and with another stern look, he left, without saying a word. My father is a strange man.

As the three of us stood out on the steps of our house, we watched as the coachman ordered the horses to move, and with that, my father was gone. My brother and I smiled at each other while my mother sighed and walked back inside with crossed arms.
I could help but frown a little, I couldn't understand how my mother could possibly be sad, my father was gone, which meant no more fighting, no more crying, no more yelling, no more fear, and for a few weeks? That sounded like a blessing. So I wondered why she would be upset, but I didn't bother her, instead, I went up to my bedroom to enjoy some peaceful reading and possibly take a short nap before the bonfire tonight. I did not forget, I was excited, finally, I'll be able to experience some "real" fun, and will be able to see y/n.

                                    Your pov:
it was late afternoon and everyone in the court of miracles have just found out that Minister Frollo has left Paris. everyone was frilled, including you, you and your people could have the little piece of freedom that you needed. Mr Trouillefou and your brother were sharing a drink while they cheered with the other men and women, children were running around and dancing as people clapped happy beats. you stood next to Sabina as you both observed the small celebration, she had one hand resting on her stomach as usual, with a smile plastered on her face. watching your people celebrate in happiness put your heart at ease, you loved to see everyone happy, and everyone's smiles, even if they had many missing teeth.

Florica was sitting outside the tent as well, she seemed to be upset that she wasn't allowed to go and celebrated. it was her own fault, last night when you left Claude's window, you eventually found her with a bunch of boys and two french girls. you were so tired and exhausted from running all over the place and climbing up and down Caludes window, you snapped, you yelled your head off at her and dragged her all the way to the court of miracles, not caring about how many pinches, hits or punches she gave you. you were worried for her, you never would have wished for her to end up this way after your mother dying, sneaking out, hanging out with boys, and coming back late. it was all too much stress for you and Sabina, you didn't know what to do with her, and everything you tried to discipline her with didn't work. but you couldn't let her stress you out, not tonight, tonight is about celebration and freedom. and filled with things you love most, dancing, music, your friends, and Claude.

a few hours had passed and everyone was getting ready for the bonfire, you, Kezia, and the group of pretty girls were all getting ready in your tent since it was bigger than most of theirs. you were putting on a thin pretty gold headpiece that draped over your forehead. you let your hair out, and you admired it in the mirror, loving the way it grew so long and beautiful over the years, your mother would have loved to see it.

you wore your bold gold hoops and your many anklets that made jingles when you walked. you wore a beautiful gold choker necklace along with your mother's necklace that you haven't taken off since it was given to you, you would die with it still on. tying some fabric around your waist and adjusting your jewelry and putting on some bangles, you were ready.