~"spying"~

You were sitting on the cold cobbled floor of the court of miracles, playing with your little goat friends. You chuckled softly as they head-butted each other, their horns were starting to sprout and their head buts became more painful than cute.

"Alright you two, let's go for a stroll outside hm?" You said with a smile as you tied a rope loosely around each of their necks, you held the two long pieces of rope and stood up, Stretching as you did. The two pretty little goats bleating as you sighed, flipping back your hair that sat lazily on your shoulder. "Come on you two" smiling softly as you took some steps and gently tugged on the rope as they followed happily behind you.

The sound of Their little hooves clipping and clopping behind you filled your ears, you hummed quietly to yourself as you made your way over to the exit stairs, pushing the heavy stone away and walking out onto the dead grass of the cemetery.

The little goats jumped out and bleated as you put the stone back In its place. You looked back at them and started to walk onto the street, the streets were filled with people gathering together and whispering to each other, it was odd, what was going on? You thought. You continued to walk through the streets, enjoying the smell of the freshly baked soufflé that came from the bakery, and the laughter of children playing together. As you continued to walk you could hear the faint sound of a familiar flute being played in the distance, near the square. It must have been one of the guys from the other day, you walked faster towards the music and there they were. The two gypsy guys that played music for you and the girls to dance to. You walked up to them with a polite wave "good morning you two" you greeted them with a smile. They returned a smile "good morning to you too y/n, I hope you rested well" one of them said kindly.

You smiled and nodded "I have, I Hope you have too" you replied, holding onto the two ropes as the young goats stood next to you. One of the guys smiled at them "nice goats you got there y/n" he said, petting one. "Yeah, I thought it would be nice to let them outside once n a while".

"By the way..do you know why so many people are whispering to each other?" You asked as you glanced at the small ground of nobles whispering to each other, then the others. The boys glanced at each other "you haven't heard?" One of them asked, you shook your head in confusion, the other one then spoke "the Minister announced that he'll be leaving Paris for a few weeks and that he'll be putting the captain of the guard in charge of Paris while he's gone" he said with a small smile on his lips.

"Really? Is he leaving and putting the captain of the guard in charge? Whoo!!" You cheered, and the guys laughed. "It'll be great y/n, the captain of the guard is a lazy alcoholic, he definitely won't be able to take care of the whole city, this will be the best few weeks of our life!" One of them cheered happily. "I'm going to go to so many bars! And meet so many women" one of them smirked. As they spoke about what they were going to do while the authorities were toned down, you just thought about one thing.

Claude Frollo, what will he do if his father is gone and someone else is already in charge of taking care of the city? Will he be free? He surely won't be so caught up in his studies when his father is away, maybe you could meet with him again, or perhaps spend even more time with him. You blushed to yourself, thinking about all the possibilities, remembering that lovely evening you shared with him, god y/n stop blushing! You thought to yourself.

You couldn't possibly catch feelings for the son of the most powerful and cruel man in Paris. It was extremely dangerous, but oh, you always thought about him, wondering when you were going to see him again, you had still kept that blue flower he gave you in the forest, it was dried up now but it still looked as beautiful as before. You snapped yourself out of your thoughts as you cleared your throat "when is he leaving?" You asked them, they stood up before answering "tomorrow morning, after he's gone we will celebrate! At night in the square, many will gather and we will dance around a fire with food and liquor, oh it will be great y/n! You can show Paris your amazing dancing once again!" One of them said happily as he held his flute in his hand and adjusted his hat. "I'll be looking forward to it" replied with a smile.

You waved them goodbye as you started to walk somewhere else, you slowly walked into a dark alleyway, the goats bleating softly as they observed the dimness that surrounded them.

You whistled a sweet tune to calm them down as you continued to walk through the alleyway, taking some turns as you did. After a few minutes, you reached the end of the alley, you walked outside and there it was the Frollo's Mansion. How did you know how to get there through a dark alleyway? Well, the answer is simple, being a gypsy meant that at most times you couldn't just walk around in public like everyone else, it could be dangerous if guards or the Minister were out patrolling. So, you've learned the city's cracks and corners your whole life, you know the city like the back of your hand. Every dark alleyway, every sewer, every street, every shortcut, you knew.

You tried to not act suspicious while you walked near the large mansion, luckily there were other houses and small cafes that were near the mansion. You stood a comfortable distance away, enough to make you look normal and not like a creep. You observed the house, it was beautiful and gothic, just like Notre dame, and it really fit the family name. As you observed the architecture of the Mansion something caught your eye. On the left side of the house, a large window was opened, and sitting there was, Claude Frollo, you could see him from down there. He seemed to be reading a book of some sort, it felt weird to be staring at him while he was in the comfort of his own home but you couldn't help it. To be completely truthful, you've missed him, and you'd do anything to see him again, even if it meant observing him from afar, in a ... non-creepy way, he would understand, wouldn't he?

You were snapped out of your thoughts by a loud slam, your head shot to the left, and there you saw Claude's younger brother, Jehan was his name, he was definitely different from Claude, he wore bright colors and had golden locks of curls and bright opal eyes, opposite of his brothers straight raven hair, dark eyes, and dull attire.

His brother seemed to be waiting for someone outside of his house, it wasn't any of your business but you stayed to see what was happening.  You waited a short while to see who he was waiting for, then you saw it, two pretty girls walked up to him, giggling with each other, he smirked as he wrapped his arms around them shamelessly, you couldn't hear what they were saying to them but it didn't matter since shortly after they arrived, Claude peeked his head out from his window and shouted down at them "jehan! What are you doing!? Mass is in 30 minutes!" you glanced at Claude then back down at Jehan as he held the two girls closer to him, they put their hands on his chest as they glanced up at up Claude "I know! Stop spoiling my fun! Ill be back in time for mass!" jehan shouted back as he went back to talking with his two "friends".

As you looked back to Claude's window, he was no longer there, you shrugged to yourself but as you turned to leave you were met with another loud slam. You turned back around and watched as Claude walked over to jehan and grabbed his arm in an attempt to pull him back to the house. Jehan yelled at his older brother as he struggled to pull himself out of his grip. "You have one more day until you can be as free as you want jehan, just be patient and attend mass, and tomorrow when the father leaves you will have all the freedom you wish, do not be a fool." jehan glared at his brother in both embarrassment and anger, the girls stayed close to each other as they watched in shock as the two brothers argued.

"You've lived a boring life brother, that's why you try to ruin mine, but I will not allow it, I will attend mass with you but do not think for a second that I will not drink my heart out after!" jehan spat at his older brother, he must have had something to drink earlier due to his tone of voice, Claude's face changed from mad to worry and a bit of sadness, he sighed as his brother shoved pass him harshly, he looked back at his brother as he stormed into the mansion "jehan wait!-" Claude called out to his brother but was cut off by the loud slam of the mansion doors. He sighed and gave a short glance to the two girls and went to follow his brother, leaving you quite shocked. Maybe you could ask him about this later on, who knows?

--------------------------------------------------------------
(1668 words)
Sorry for the short chapter, I was bored in school today and decided to write instead of doing my work🙃

Also sorry for any writing errors or typos in this chapter, I haven't re-read it to make sure there wasn't any like i usually do, so please excuse it!👐

I Hope you enjoyed this chapter anyway!🤍