~ danse gracieuse~

The next morning came quickly and you  were getting ready to go into town, the loud laughter and chatter of men outside of your tent annoyed you. You let your long hair free from its plaits and put on a bandanna/headscarf, pulling the front pieces of your hair out. Humming to yourself as you pulled up your flowy skirt, the small bells on your anklets jingled as you did. After getting dressed you put on your many gold bangles and bracelets. Along with your beaded and threaded necklaces along with your gold hoop earrings.

You walked out of your room and out of the tent, you were going to meet with your new friend Kezia at the entrance. You stepped onto the stone floor, the cold feeling of the stone felt uncomfortable against your bare feet. As you started to walk towards the entrance there no sight of Sabina and Onas or Florica, they must have been busy.
As you came closer and closer towards the entrance you saw Kezia waiting for you, her very bright clothing made her easily recognisable. you ran up to her and gave her a hug "good morning Kezia" greeting her kindly. She returned the hug "good morning y/n" she greeted you back kindly.

You both started to walk through the sewers and up the stairs that lead out. You pushed the heavy stone away and walked out, Kezia following after you. She put it back into place before rushing over to you, as you both continued to walk towards the city, you heard the loud cathedral bells ring in a melody, hearing people rush towards the cathedral to worship and pray. You wondered what it felt like, to be able to have such a privilege to enter a cathedral, you watched as noble children ran across the streets, rushing to the cathedral as well. "What are we going to do today?" You asked Kezia "some other girls are here, would you like to meet them? They are very kind" she said with her soft voice. Kezia was one of your only good friends so far, besides Castor and your two little goat buddies, and Claude frollo, surprisingly. It would be nice to have other friends as well, so you nodded "that would be nice" she clapped her hands together "let's go then!".

As you two walked along the streets, people gave you different types of looks, women gave judgmental looks while men gave both judgment and lust. They often stared shamelessly at your breasts, even though your cleavage was visible it did not give them permission to just stare, filth, that's what they were. They say they hate us but then lust over our bodies. You sighed and kept walking. Shortly after you reached the square, you saw that many people were out this morning , near the cathedral were nobles, rich men and children. And near the other buildings on the side of the square were beggars, cripples, lame men and gypsies. Walking past all of them you came across a man, he was yelling with a mug of beer in his hand, he was frail and obviously drunk. He was yelling out to people walking by "prepare yourselves! The day of wrath is near! You fools! Repent now!" The drunk man shouted loudly to no one as he held his  large crucifix necklace in his other hand. You scoffed to yourself, if we are all fools then what is he? You thought, he was the only fool, he should be listening to his own words.

You quickly walked past him with Kezia, not wanting a religious lecture from the strange man. You both giggled to each other after passing him, both aware of his foolishness. As you lifted your head you spotted a small group of gypsy girls and two guys standing together, talking to each other. They must be the people Kezia mentioned, as She approached them with you locked on her arm, they all smiled and greeted her, surrounding her all at once, she chuckled and greeted them all, she then introduced you to them "this is y/n everyone, the beautiful girl that saved the Feast of Fools with her dance!" . Saved the Feast of Fools? You thought "well I wouldn't say I saved it-" you said shyly. "Nonsense!" One of the guys said "if we had to watch that stupid woman dance one more time I'd forget about the drinks and just go home!" He said, the whole group agreed with a laugh, you did too.

After some short conversations one of the guys started to play his flute in a beautiful tune. Then the other started to play the tambourine, it had bigger bells than yours so it made a deeper sound. They played in such beautiful harmony, some of the girls connected hands and started to dance, Kezia chuckled and joined in, you clapped your hands to the beat of the small tunes that played while the girls danced gracefully together. Kezia turned to you "come on y/n! Join us!" She cheered. You couldn't resist, as much as you wanted to, you couldn't say no to her Kind Face, you connected hands and danced with the beautiful girls. Laughing and whistling came from all of your mouths as the guys played the upbeat tunes. As you were dancing, bystanders clapped and cheered, some watched from afar and some were close. You watched people come out from inside of the cathedral and Peak at what was Happening outside, as you all spun and moved your bodies more people came to watch and some other gypsies came to join the dance.