Chapter Seven

In hindsight the way she acted before she hugged me and after she hugged me should have raised red flags. In the beginning while she had been understanding she had not replicated everything Aasha did but after the hug she could do that perfectly but by then all reason had flown out the window.

Despite our rather short meeting in the fabled forest where people in the past had perished, I still stupidly trusted her even though she did not look friendly in the least and ate the cake she gave me. I had truly reached an all time low which could have been avoided if I had talked to the right people and not kept everything inside, but the fact remained I did not and now I was trapped in my head quite literally.

Regardless, I bit into to the slice and started feeling weird in a good way at first. It felt like I was floating and I said, "I feel like I am floating Ophelia. It feels so good, what did you put in this." She smiled brightly and said, "I am glad you feel that way dear, I just wanted to treat you to this wonderful feeling because of how much you have been through. I promise this will solve everything."

That last line confused me but I was not given much time to ponder over it because the next moment everything went black. When I woke up next, it was morning and I found myself on a TREE BRANCH! Yes, you heard me right ladies and gentlemen a TREE BRANCH.

I, a princess who had never even learnt how to climb a tree had all of a sudden, learnt the art in a few minutes. I was either a prodigy or something was seriously wrong, I got my answer soon when Ophelia clearly using her wings appeared in front of me. 

Just as I was about to ask her about everything, she started, "I am glad you are finally awake Trista. It really looked like you would miss our picnic today." I tried to turn my head to check if there was someone behind me since there was absolutely no way she was talking to me but could not.

Now I was worried, why couldn't I move my head?! I was about to ask Ophelia about this situation but ended up saying in pretend anger, "How could you think that! it's my favourite part of the week. I'm disappointed in you mom." After saying that I huffed and finally turned my head. She chuckled, "Sorry sweetie, I will not repeat this. Now come let us go find your brother. He is already setting up the picnic." I did not want to go but my body moved on its own and I started FLYING!

What was happening to me?! Why was I calling her mom?! What was going on with my body?! How did I suddenly have wings?! Why could I not move my body or say what I wanted?! I wanted to go find a mirror and take a good look at myself but once again I had absolutely no control. I did not like this at all and I was panicking. Why did I trust her?! This was clearly all her doing. Why was I such an idiot?! Why did I have to enter the forest?! Why did I ignore the warnings my parents gave me?!  I had no idea what her motives were either which was not comforting in the least.  No, panicking would not do anything to help. I had to keep calm,observe and figure things out.

In order to achieve the calmness, I so needed. I busied myself admiring the aerial view of the forest in the daylight. Thankfully this was a good distraction because of how different the place looked as compared to yesterday which was a result of it being daylight and my new point of view. The forest right now looked heavenly; we were soaring beneath the canopy of trees so I could see the forest floor quite clearly.

Fresh green grass covered the floor like a green carpet with pink, blue and yellow flowers popping up on occasion and by some sorcery forming figures enriching the beauty. The forest floor in simpler words looked like a green tapestry with multicoloured patches depicting beautiful stories. Mid-way through my flight my mouth said, "Mom can I pluck some of the pink flowers to take to our picnic." Ophelia nodded, "sure sweetie." And my mouth exclaimed but this declaration for once described exactly how I felt, "Yay! Thank you so much."