Chapter three

She was an angel and she had joined her people is what they said, this world was too cruel for her, they said, she would be happier there, they said. Of course, they did, how could they not. They never KNEW HER! She was not the type to enjoy sitting around and relax while looking at those she loved living their lives. 

She would never and I say never be happier in a place where she just gets to be a spectator and sit among people she barely knew. Everyone she cared about was alive so why did anyone think she would be happier separated from them. HOW COULD THEY SAY THAT?! HOW THE HELL COULD ANYONE THINK THAT SHE WAS IN A BETTER PLACE?!

She would have been far happier alive among the people she loved, in a life she was making better with her own hands, not some world that was already made perfect. She was not that kind of person, she was a young girl with a bright life ahead of her and nothing could make this outcome okay or less painful for both of us. 

She might have accepted that she was going to die because she was a brave soul but she was by no means happier. She had so much to look forward to, WE had so much to look forward to. We had promised to be together forever even after we became adults.

We had made so many plans. I was going to be queen and she was going to be my advisor. She was going to live with me in the palace and she was going to help me rule. We were going to complete all the tasks in our bucket list and have lots of stories to tell our kids. If I ever got married, she was going to be the priest and vice versa. 

At my coronation she was going to be the one to put the crown on my head and when she graduated, I was going to be the royal in charge of her graduation but most of all we were going to die at the same time if we could, after living our lives and making sure our family would be left okay so just why did she have to break these promises so early.

Then I remembered, she had never promised. I was the one who proposed the promises while all she did was nod and say, "I definitely will if I can." Did she always know she was going to die? No, she couldn't have. If she knew she was going to die she would not have been so full of life. She would never have been so happy or been so ready to do risky things. Why would she try to hasten her death with her ridiculous plans? There was no way she could be this fearless and careless with her life, right? If I was in her place I would try to extend my life and be extremely careful but.........I was not Aasha. 

We were different people and would have different reactions. Maybe she did know but why did she never tell me? Just why didn't she tell me? Did she not trust me? Did she think I was too sensitive? Did I really seem that weak to her?

Now sorrow had suddenly been replaced by rage. We were best friends and had promised to tell her everything. If I was in her place, I would have told her without hesitation so, why couldn't she return the favour. Why did she think just suddenly finding her dead would be better than knowing of her going to die beforehand. Did she really think she would be able to hide her death from me? Did she actually plan to hide her death from me? Was she just planning to suddenly cut me off? JUST WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?!

 It was then that I decided to leave the session and not pay her respects or see her one last time before her corpse was cremated. I was furious and not thinking straight so I left for my room where I sat sulking when I caught sight of the last thing she had given me.

The thing that she had given me was an envelope with a letter and something else inside. As soon as I saw that envelope again, I remembered the last conversation we had. Guilt and regret struck. Who cared if she hadn't trusted me; Who cared if she thought I was weak, I loved her and this was the last time I would ever see her again so why did I leave the hall. As soon as this revelation hit, I ran back furious at my stupidity and selfishness but I was too late. The corpse had been cremated and everyone had left. I would never see her again; I LOST MY FINAL CHANCE! 

Of course, she could never have trusted me. I never think before I act, why would anyone trust someone like that? The adrenaline rush I got from that letter ended and I felt my knees grow weak so I gave in. I would never see her again so what was the point of living? She was gone and I was alone, true I had my parents but they weren't Aasha and no matter how much they tried they never could be. I loved them but I knew I might have to lose them before I died, but I had never imagined that I would have to lose her as well.

Just how was I supposed to live without her? She was my first friend and had always been there for me when even my parents couldn't no matter how much they tried but now that she was gone who would be there for me. Who else would have the patience to deal with me? It was then that someone tapped on my shoulder and offered me a handkerchief. I gratefully accepted and wiped my face. The entire time I did not see the person but when I was finished I got up and looked at the person. He was a tall man with grey hair, olive skin and Amber eyes. I had never seen him before and asked, "Who are you?" 

He chuckled and said, "You can call me Doctor Francis, I was the doctor who provided her with the medicines that allowed her to walk around." "What do you mean?" "Why don't you join me for some juice? We can converse there if you like." I nodded too curious to know what happenedto Aasha to remember the dangers of strangers to royals.