Chapter 34

Jungkook sat there, alone and no one was talking with him. He glanced at Jimin. The older was still focusing on his phone, sometimes let out a small laugh, maybe he watched some funny videos or what. Jungkook is hating the silence, he felt so awkward.

Suddenly, Jimin stopped playing his phone as he sits up straight, shoving the electric device back to his pocket. He turned his head and faced Jungkook. Jungkook was taken back by his sudden glance. He quickly tugged his head down.

Okay, maybe he would prefer more the silence just now.

"The divorce paper?" Jungkook heard the older male said. He doesn't know what to react at that moment because the male was sounding so rude just now.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and raised his head up, decided to talk with the male face to face. "I threw it away." He replied shortly. He smirked, feeling contented when Jimin widened his eyes.

"You did what?! How can you do that-" "Calm your ass down Mr Park. I'm not that desperate to keep an unfaithful person as my husband. I prepared another divorce paper." Jungkook said. He took out the paper from his backpack and handed it to Jimin.

Jimin reached his hand out to take the paper, but Jungkook suddenly retracted his hand. "Oh and let's get this straight, it's me who divorce you, not you who divorce me. Here, take it." He shoved the paper to Jimin.

Jimin gritted his teeth, trying his best to not get angry with the younger male's attitude. He put the paper aside and decided to stay silence like how the younger did.

"Kids! Dinner is ready!" Both of them heard Mrs Park yelled.

"Okay!" Jungkook replied. He got up from the couch and took a step forward, but his steps came to a halt when he felt hand around his wrist.

"I will talk about the divorce thing later and I'll say I'm the one who cheats. I expect you to stay silent." Jimin said. His hand got poorly shoved away by Jungkook.

"I know what to do, Mr Park." Jungkook replied and headed towards the dining area. He held a blank face at first, but when he saw Mrs Park, he immediately smiled.

The woman was holding plenty of plates in her hands, busy placing them one by one on the table. She shoot the boy a wide smile when she noticed him.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Jungkook asked.

"Just sit and enjoy, baby." The woman said.

The word baby again brought a smile to Jungkook's face. It reminded him his ahjussi, Kim Taehyung.

Jungkook pulled a chair out and sat on it. Not for long, Mrs Park prepared everything and set everything on the table.

Jimin walked into the dining area this time. He pulled a chair out that located across Jimin, but it was quickly stopped by Mrs Park.

"Sit beside Jungkook." She pushed Jimin and the male got no choice but to sit beside Jungkook. Jungkook finally felt relieved just now, but the feeling again got swept away when Jimin sat beside him.

Moreover, Mrs Park choose to sit in front of them.

They started eating after that. The only sound that was formed is the sound of spoon and fork touching the plate. Awkwardness filled in the air.

Jungkook started to wonder why he never felt awkward when he's with Taehyung's mother. He took the small spoon and started drinking the soup inside the bowl.

"So, are you guys planning to have a baby?"

Jungkook choked on the liquid when he heard Mrs Park's question. He coughed uncontrollably, face turning red.

"Omo!" Mrs Park took a few tissues and handed it to Jungkook, "Here, take it."

"T-Thank you." Jungkook said out difficultly. He covered his mouth using the tissue, trying his best to stop the itching feeling in his throat.

Mrs Park saw Jungkook calmed down, she decided to ask the question again. "So as I was saying, are you guys-" her sentence got cut off with Jimin suddenly slammed his spoon onto the table, creating a loud sound.

Jungkook jumped up at his sudden outburst. He stared at the older male, waiting for him to say something.

"I'm divorcing Jungkook." Jimin said plainly. Just three words and nothing more.

Jungkook mentally face palmed himself. Can the man be more serious about this matter? He turned his head to Mrs Park, feeling slightly nervous to see her reaction.

The smile on her face fell. "What?" She asked.

"I said, I'm divorcing Jungkook-" "You are not! Why would you do that?!" The woman yelled.

"Because I don't love him!"

Ouch. Jungkook can feel a small squeeze in his heart. That's too direct for him.

Mrs Park blinked her eyes furiously, trying to find something to say, "Love is not a matter-" "It is, eomma."

This time, Jungkook spoke. "I don't love Jimin either. I have someone else in my heart now." He said, using his soft and gentle voice.

Mrs Park stared at the couple in disbelief. She let out a small laugh, a bitter laugh to be exact. "I don't accept it until you guys give me another reason except from love." She muttered.

Silence presented after her statement.

"I cheated." Jimin said after a while. He stared at his mother with firmness in his eyes, "I cheated behind Jungkook. I'm in love with another man. I'm happy with him-"

A slap was landed on Jimin's right cheek.

Mrs Park was now in standing position, hand still stopped in the middle of the air after slapping her son. Her eyes were red and teary. She shook his head, "H-How can you do that to Jungkook?"

Jimin for sure was taken back by the slap, but soon he collected his mind back. He licked his lips, "I will divorce Jungkook. Staying with him will only hurt him further."

He stood up from the chair, creating a loud sound. He took his coat that was placed on the handle of the chair just now, "I expected we won't have a good dinner, but I really didn't expect the slap."

"Park Jimin! Come back instantly!!" Mrs Park yelled.

Jimin just walked away, ignoring the yelling sound of his mother.

Mrs Park slumped down, sitting back to the chair. Her eyes were filled with tears. She glanced at the younger male who's still sitting obediently, looking at her worriedly.

"I'm sorry, Jungkookie." The woman said, reaching her hand out to caress Jungkook's cheek, "I set you and Jimin in the marriage in order to save you from your mother, but turned out I hurt you more." She said, tears flowing down from her eyes like a waterfall.

"It's not your fault, eomma." Jungkook whispered, giving soft pat to the woman's hand, "At least Jimin and I got what we want now. Well, I'm sorry to upset you too..."

Mrs Park shook her head. She smiled softly, "I'm glad that you have someone else in your heart now. I hope he or she will treats you well. Not like my bastard son."

Jungkook let out a small laugh. Taehyung's face suddenly appeared in his mind. A smile was then planted on his face.

"Don't worry eomma. He loves me a lot."