Chapter 21

"Did you just set a plan with the Hoseok guy, the guy that my husband cheated with to make a joke out of me?"

"N-No Jungkook! I mean I did know Hoseok will come but-" "I've heard everything you said earlier." Jungkook cut off Taehyung's sentence as he glared at the older man.

"How could you do this to me?" Jungkook asked. He felt tears slipping out from his eyes so he used his sleeves to wipe it, "I trusted you..."

"Let me explain, Jungkook. Things is not that easy as what you just heard!" Taehyung said. He got closer to Jungkook as he hold his wrist, afraid the boy will run away from here soon.

"Explain now then. Why would you do this to me?" Jungkook asked as he stared at Taehyung with his teary eyes.

"I knew your husband was cheating with Hoseok, the exact day you had a fight with Jimin. I told you he's cheating but you didn't believe me! So the only way to make you believe me is-" "Is to make me look so pathetic in front of my husband and the Hoseok guy?"

Taehyung let out a soft groan when he heard Jungkook's statement. "No Jungkook! All I want is you to know your husband is cheating behind you!"

"Why did you want me to know it so bad?! Why can't you just make me live in oblivion?!" Jungkook yelled, trying to push Taehyung away but the older male held him tighter. "Let me go, Taehyung!"

"No. You have the rights to know everything." Taehyung muttered.

"Stop shoving your nose into other's business-" "I'm not shoving my nose into other's business!" Taehyung suddenly screamed, making Jungkook flinched and stopped struggling.

"Do you think I enjoy doing that? Do you think I feel good when I see your upset face? I just can't make myself watching the person that I love got cheated by his husband while he's still in oblivion! Do you know that kind of feeling?!" Taehyung blurted out. After he finished his sentence, he realised he just confessed to Jungkook.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung in disbelief. "Y-You love me?"

"T-That's not what I mean- Don't go, Jungkook!"

Taehyung ran behind Jungkook when the boy suddenly run away in full speed. Luckily, not to be offensive, his legs were much longer than Jungkook so he's able to catch him.

He grabbed Jungkook's wrist, pulling the boy.

"Let me go, Taehyung." Jungkook said softly, trying to get away from Taehyung's hold.

"Stop running away, Jungkook. I don't understand why you are so mad that I let you know the truth!" Taehyung said, "If I was you, I will be glad that someone told me the truth."

Jungkook stopped struggling as his shoulders slumped down. He let out a small sigh when tears again formed in his eyes.

After a long silence, Jungkoook decided to speak. "I'm not you, Taehyung. I'm not wealthy, I don't have successful career, I don't have perfect family. I'm just a failure who was born because my parents didn't do enough protection when they were having sex. I'm just an accident." He muttered.

Taehyung watched tears slowly slipping out from Jungkook's eyes one by one, hand unconsciously raised up, wanting to wipe them of but stopped when Jungkook backed away.

"Marriage is always a topic that I avoid. It keeps on telling me how terrible, how pathetic I am." Jungkook tilted his head back as he stared at Taehyung's eyes, "Telling me the truth doesn't help me, Taehyung. You're not just breaking my marriage apart. You're breaking my dignity, my ego and the last wall that I built to protect myself from failure."

Jungkook yanked off Taehyung's grip. This time, Taehyung let him go.

"You could've tell me the truth in another way. I'm not a strong person, Taehyung. Can you see how Jimin acts like a stranger to me? My heart can't stand it. I felt so terrible." Jungkook mumbled, managed to speak even though he felt himself got no strength left. "I'm thankful that you're always here to help me. I don't know how to repay you but it's better for us to stay apart. I'm sorry, Taehyung."

Taehyung watched Jungkook walked away yet he got no courage to pull the boy back to his embrace. His hand stopped in the middle of the air. "Don't go..." he muttered, only audible for himself.

Jungkook was grateful that Taehyung didn't follow him this time. He walked downstairs, feeling rather awkward when he saw Mrs Lim standing not far away from him.

He wondered if Mrs Lim heard their conversation or not.

"Bye Mrs Lim." Jungkook waved his hands a little at Mrs Lim.

Mrs Lim repays back a smile. "B-Bye."

By analysing the face expression of Mrs Lim, Jungkook was quite sure that the woman had heard everything.

Jungkook sighed out and continue to walk. He halted when he heard Mrs Lim calling his name.

"Wait Jungkook!"

Jungkook turned around, "Yes?" He asked, eyes holding with confusion.

"Can you please give Master Taehyung a chance?" Mrs Lim asked, speaking in a pleading tone, "I can tell he really loves you. He's a good man, Jungkook."

Jungkook let out an airy chuckle after Mrs Lim's statement. He shook his head, "I'm sorry, Mrs Lim. You're right, Taehyung is a good man. That's why I should stay away from him."

"W-Why?" The older woman asked.

"A good man like him should find someone who's closer to perfect." Jungkook smiled, even though his heart was hurting like hell, "I'm not a good choice."

He inhaled deeply before continued, "A person like me doesn't deserve to be with him."