And Then He was Gone Alessandra

I didn't mean it… I didn’t want it to happen, it just did. I swear I had only been there because I was scared for Osvald’s sake, I never meant to kill him.

I burst into the room, tears streaming down my face. Our little group had heard three bangs and then a thump as if something had hit the floor, and as I walked through the door, my suspicions were confirmed, it was Osvald’s body that had fallen. He was standing directly across from The Minister, who was standing there, frozen with his arms held out, the motion that Osvald had taught me to control your powers. Was he still breathing? Is he dead? Out of nowhere my abilities spark, turning the world with power and manipulation. The Minister stumbles and covers his ears, but it doesn’t help, all my anger is towards him. He convinced my friends I was dead, he stole my friend, and now he killed my friend. I am done with his games, I’m done with him. My abilities are triggered by his stupidity. And now he was laid on the floor, bleeding. His ears were popped and his eyes were bloodshot- literally. I don’t know how but I could tell in that moment that he wasn’t dead just yet, so I walked up to him and kneeled.

“Don’t ever mess with me or friends again.” I spoke in a voice barely above a whisper, but I knew he heard me because his eyes grew wider, although it was almost impossible he made it happen.  I reached out my hand and twisted it so that it was now palm up, his neck snapped and he fell to the floor, limp. I looked up to see my other friends standing in the doorway, eyes red from crying, why were they crying? I noticed then that Borden wasn’t with the rest of them and Osvald was still on the floor, I crawled over to him and felt his pulse, luckily he was still alive, but my hopes weren’t, where was Borden? I looked towards them and Ezequiel came forward, taking my hand and leading me out the door.

“He’s here.” He said as though he could read my mind, and in the middle of the ballroom, laid on the floor with the same expression that The Minister had only five minutes ago, was Borden. 

“What? No… no no no no no no.” I cried, tears streaming down my face as I held his limp body in my arms “I- I didn’t w-want to kill h-him!” I choked out and Ezequiel just held his hand on my shoulder, rubbing it soothingly.

“I know honey, it’s okay, he just had a soul-binding contract which he made with The Minister, if The Minister goes, so does he.” He said but it didn’t help much. If they had known that I would kill Borden if I had killed The Minister, why did they let me do it? Why didn’t they stop me?

“I-I’m so sorry, Bordy. I did-didn’t mean it.” I sobbed “It shouldn’t ha-have ended t-this way, you should h-ave lived.” At this time I could hear someone groaning as they came over to me.

“-Alice? W-what, what happened to Borden?” It was Osvald, he was awake and now he looked at Borden, eyes wide and tears starting to fall down his cheeks. “Bordy?” He asked, kneeling down next to the body. “B-bordy..please tell me it’s a joke, y-you’re still alive, Borden c’mon wake up..c’mon!” He spoke yelling at the lifeless body. It was my fault, my fault that Borden was dead, and even now sitting with his body in my arms and Osvald, grabbing my shoulder and sobbing into it, I knew. It was my fault.