Biscuits and Tea (and I don't mean the drinkable one) Thad

What do you suppose a Minister’s office looks like? Death traps? Bear traps? The guillotine in the corner and the grim reaper is basically standing at the door? No, in fact the room looked more like Dumbledoor’s office in Harry Potter. The shelves were lined with books and there seemed to be knick knacks everywhere, it looked as though The Minister had been collecting for a while. He motioned for us to sit down on an orange couch, orange was the color for pyrokinesis, he had fire. I sat down and the couch squished from the three our weights combined. I glanced towards The Minister and noticed his face was very delighted despite our current rain of knowledge. He sighed when he noticed our glum faces, and sat down across from us on the other couch, it was freaky to see that the Minister looked like a normal person. But I then saw his eyes, and I knew that he was no ordinary person, he was much more. 
“ Oh yeah I faked her death.” He says, gesturing towards the door as if Alice were to walk in at any moment, she didn’t but he didn’t look fazed, he obviously knew she wasn’t going to be appearing at the door any time soon. “She was too powerful, but if that didn’t matter she would have had no time to settle in, unlike the rest of you guys. She was- is different than the other Inflictors, they all think alike, their only program is to kill, but she’s different. She noticed that we were not- exactly helping her and even in her sleep she had managed to tell all of you, so we had to keep her hidden, or more possibly…dead.” He looked the slightest bit confused but it was masked with the impossible truth, he had actually attempted murder.

I acted as though my heart rate didn’t jump through the roof at that, maybe if I pretended they wouldn’t know, not that it’s bad to feel emotion, but I had a feeling they wouldn’t want us to know that they attempted to actually kill Alice. Although it was probably obvious, I hadn’t noticed till now, and what’s worse was that he didn’t even try to hide the fact that they tried to kill her, that they had placed her in a coma and walked away like she was unharmed, they had done so with pride like it was good to be horrible.

“Is she still ‘too powerful’?” Osvald was uncharacteristically quiet as he said this, scared that saying the wrong thing would kill her on the spot. “That you might resort to…murder again.” he seemed hesitant but not for his own sake, for Alice’s.

“We have no reason to believe she hasn’t depowered herself, and your little ear ringing situation did not help her case.” Effrain spoke now, in quiet words, much like how Osvald just had.

“SO YOU’RE GOING TO KILL HER!?” Osvald basically flung from the couch and onto the floor, spilling the tea Borden had offered us on the floor.

“That depends on her attitude of course, but it also depends on my mood..haha! I’m joking, it also depends on her cooperation with my guards, which so far she is succeeding, but if for some reason she refuses my assistance then she will be nothing more than chopped liver.” He finished looking quite proud of himself. “ Same goes for you three, so you better behave, and don’t talk about what I’ve told you here today.” He said in a more menacing tone. His voice sent shivers down my spine, his words were icy and his tongue was chill, like he was in the arctic, freezing the words himself.

“Yes sir.” Noe nodded and both Osvald and I joined him in the action, before standing up and attempting to leave the room.

“Osvaldo Mesa, please stay seated, Effrain and Borden…you two have been dismissed. I must talk to the boy alone.” The Minister said and I felt odd about it…what was he going to say that he only had to talk to Ozzy?

“Yeah, sure.” Osvald said and then I was being pushed out and the door was slammed shut behind me, leaving Osvald alone in that room with a semi-crazy Minister.