A Brand New Day, A Brand New...Wait Where Am I? Alessandra

I wake up and…I’m not in bed, well I’m in A bed but not the one I fell asleep in. 

“Alice, you awake?” A voice rang through the room and I lifted my head up to see Borden sat in the front of the room.

“Where are we?” I asked, why wasn’t I in the guest room at Noe’s house? Why did the room I was in look like a…dorm? And why did the room smell of laundered clothing and fresh sheets? I looked around and noticed three other full beds in the other corners of the room, none of them occupied. I noticed the window that shone through the room, bright like a diamond in the sun, or a flashlight in the dark, I noticed the window was stained colors of red, so dark it could be blood but it shone nicely in the space around them, creating sort of a red hue on the bed sheets and other pale things located around the room, such as her and Borden’s skin.

“Lykes Ac. or Lykes Academy For Learning and Controlling Abilities.” Borden responded, as though he was reciting it from something he’d read, Borden liked to read. 

“What-” I started but Borden cut me off and disregarded what I was going to say.

“No time for questions, we have to get you to The Minister’s office, he liked to see us all, all of us Unidentifiables.” He finished and started walking out of the doorframe he had been leaning on just moments before.

I stumbled out of the bed I had been set in and made my way to where Borden had gone, he didn’t pause for a moment, never even looking back to see if I was truly coming, he simply didn’t care.

“Who’s this Minister guy? And what did you mean Abilities? Why don’t we have time? Why can’t I ask questions?” I finished and he turned on his heel, staring at me with a look in his eyes that just stated, ‘don’t ask’. But that’s the problem, I wanted to ask, whether it got me into trouble or the truth left tears stains on my cheeks, I wanted to know. Wanted to learn. I was confused and he wasn’t helping, although his eyes said he wanted to and that he wished he could, his mouth told a different story, one that twisted the way that I might think of him in the future.

“No. Questions. I’ll have Ozzy answer them later, or maybe Effrain- well we call him Ian, but anyways either can answer your questions after this meeting, which we are running respectable late to, so if you don’t mind we best get on our way, before The Minister decides to expel us before classes even start.” Borden finished, his words seemed to get more angry every time he spoke, the volume almost reaching shouting level. He turned again and continued down the corridor towards a door, which he opened and then closed, disappearing behind it. 

“Alice?” He heard a voice behind him and I turned to see Osvald standing right behind me, grinning goofily. I forgot all the questions I had about Borden’s temper when I saw him.

“Hi!” I said excitedly, ever since I’d woken up I had been focused on finding someone who could help me with my questions and Borden had said that Osvald may be able to answer some of my questions, and maybe help me understand a little bit more. 

“I thought you were…” he trailed off, not daring to finish the sentence that he had started.

“I was…what?” I asked, I was confused, and if I wanted to admit it, kind of scared, though I’d never say it outloud.

“Well..uh dead.” he said and I would have audibly gasped if his words weren’t still ringing in my head.

“What!?” I asked and people started swimming out of the doors around the halls. I noticed a bell ring somewhere deep in the ‘academy’ I seemed to be in, but I barely noticed. Why had Osvald thought I was dead? How long had I been passed out? Where was I? It all made my head hurt, the words coming from people’s mouth’s around me seemed to lag, like a TV that had been disconnected from the internet. I looked at Osvald and noticed his mouth moving, almost as if he was reassuring me or maybe telling me the story, didn’t matter. I couldn’t hear him anyways. 

“Alice, it’s a complicated situation and story, can we just…we’ll go to your room okay? I will explain.” Osvald’s words finally came from his mouth into my brain, I finally understood. Someone was willing to explain, so I nodded and followed him into the room I had been sat in before.

“Explain.” I said and he nodded, sitting down on one of the empty beds that were in the room. I took my place on the bed I had woken up in as he recounted the story from his view.

“Well, the night that we were partying, which was…god that must have been two or three months ago… anyways that night after you had gone to bed, I went out to dump the alcohol, since you had been the only one drinking it and none of us wanted to finish the rest, so I went to the park near Noe’s house, and both Noe and I met this boy, Effrain or Ian, but nevermind his name, he showed us this ability he had, this…power he possessed and that power was telepathy and telekinesis, making the bottle we had float in mid-air right in front of our eyes.” Osvald sighed, staring at the ceiling as he held the pillow that had been seated on the bed moments before. 

“Woah.” I breathed out, it was really all I had to say, the story seemed unbelievable but strangely, I believed him.

“Yeah, woah. So then he told us that we had these abilities as well, well not the same abilities but some powers that were similar. So we followed him to Lykes, which is his world and then to Lykes Ac. to train, and we had the Memorers bring you as well, but what we didn’t know was that you were in a sleep almost as bad as Aurora from sleeping beauty’s was, we tried everything to wake you…even trying to…kill you to see how your body reacts. The Minister told us that one of the experiments went wrong and that you..” He breathed in a shaky breath, almost as if he were reliving it, and from the way that he was staring at the ceiling, as if he were not even here right now, sort of like he was half asleep, he was. “He told us that you..died, and we were told to move on. But you can’t just murder someone’s best friend and then be like ‘mOvE oN’ so we did a strike, in your honor, but I assume someone must have been keeping the fact that you were alive from us, but who would have done that?” Osvald finished with a questioning look, almost as if he wondered how all of this could have happened from underneath his nose.

But I was wondering too, not the same things though, I was wondering how Borden had known I was alive, and why he had seemed so distraught when I had woken up. I also had the lingering question in the back of my brain, one that was similar to Osvalds, the question was in fact, who would have done that?

The story kind of goes down from here...but yeah I have it all written already so I'll just post every day now..ok yeah.