In The Room Alessandra

TW: Mentions of Self harm

I've never been a patient person. Waiting around for others to call when I could just do so myself, but now the world seemed to be testing my patience. Every second I sat waiting in that room was another second my friends could be in pain, although we don't know who actually attempted to murder me, my best bet would be that it's this 'Minister' that everyone keeps talking about, and judging by the boys expressions when Borden came to pick them up, they thought so as well. I noticed how different Borden had seemed to be in that moment, that he had almost entirely changed. His hair, which had always been a light golden color and curled more than rotini noodles, was now a dark brown, almost black color and his curls seemed deflated. Not only had his hair changed, he used to have vibrant blue eyes that seemed to light up a room, but now they were a dark gray color and looked more depressing, his smile was faded and with it went his ability to make people laugh by just smiling. It pained me to see this, Borden had been one of my only friends for the longest time, Osvald being the only other person in our trio, it had been this way from kindergarten all the way up to 7th grade, when we finally met some other 'Unidentifiables' so it really took a toll on me to see him like that. Borden's never had a good family life, none of us really had, but when he was younger he didn't like himself much, mostly because of his parents hateful words, but he disliked himself so much that around the 6th grade he thought it would be better if it all stopped, if he didn't have to feel anything, if he were...dead. He thought he was a burden and he thought if he told people about it they would tell him he was broken, that he couldn't be fixed and then he thought that they'd ship him off to a mental hospital and that he'd have to live with all the crazy's of our town, the only reason we found out at all was because he had worn short sleeves one day and held his hand up, accidentally showing the scars of his past attempts and it had been a quiet little thing, mostly me explaining that he's okay while he cried in my shoulder and Osvald pat his back, but he had gotten better, going to therapy and talking about helped him, but even now it hurts me to think that he hasn't been treating himself well again. I hope he is fine, that he doesn't think he's a burden, I hope he thinks he can talk to me...like we did when we were younger, like we did when we were friends. Anyways he looked like that again only now he looked worse because there were dark circles under his eyes and his face seemed to shine in disappointment. I always liked watching over him, like a big sister but now I no doubt looked almost identical to him, except his hair wasn't as greasy as mine seemed to be. I walked over to the wall which had held up the only full body mirror in the room and looked at myself, my bright orange hair shining from the light coming through the window, as I had predicted my hair was greasy, the light waves it usually had were deflated. If I hadn't mentioned before, my hair was bob-length and red, Osvald liked to call me carrot top because of this. I also noticed that the makeup I had placed on the night at Noe's house was wiped off, but my face seemed to be irritated around my eyes, like they had rubbed some sort of cloth on my face to get the makeup off, I was allergic to certain makeup wipes though, so I don't see it as much a difference. I then looked at my clothing, I hadn't been wearing this, days before, I was now dressed like Osvald, Thad, and Borden had been. Wearing robes and instead of pants, a skirt. But I had dressed myself like this, well I did so after Thad showed me the cabinet with clothes in it. I was skinnier than usual, since I had not been eating much because I had been trapped in this horrid room. I made my way back over to the door and twisted the knob, expecting it to be locked, surprisingly, it wasn't. I creaked open the door and saw no one standing there, I guess it's okay then, correct? I walked out of the room, quietly shutting the door. (turning the knob and then closing the door so that it was completely silent) I tiptoed, or at least I was so quietly, I must have been tiptoeing, across the floor to the end of the dark hallway. Before I had been so caught up in following Borden, I hadn't noticed the beauty of this place. The walls were a dark stone and covered in ivy, they were so high that I bet you could climb and never reach the top. I continued my quiet walking, until I reached the end of the corridor, exposing me to an empty ballroom, pillars covered the area, holding up the weight of the ceiling. It was beautiful, there were gold carvings surrounding the pillars and it seemed like the room was worth a million dollars. I scanned over the doors leading to other halls, and decided to go straight, the paintings that covered the walls, beckoning me toward it. They, like everything else were beautiful, covered in paint strokes and oil pastels. There were paintings of Gods, staring down at a globe of light, and some of the hero's slaying dragons, there were paintings of cats sitting on thrones and hands holding out grapes to them, paintings of men in joker outfits, dancing around. I was admiring them all, when I heard a door slam and several feet walking towards the ballroom, I turned around and started to peek around the corner, and I saw Borden, Thad, and the other guy that had picked my friends up earlier, walking down the hall towards my room. Oh god, what if they saw I wasn't in there and I got in...trouble? I don't know what they'd happen to do if I were to be out of my room, but I don't want to find out to be honest. I quietly ran over to the hall, hiding behind pillars everytime they looked my way, but the boy whose name I didn't know looked directly over at me.

"Hello?" He asked out in the direction of where I was standing. "I can hear you, you don't need to hide...it's fine." He asked, voice gentle. I thought I was quiet though, how did he hear me? Still, I peek my head out from behind the pillar and he smiles. "Guys!" He yells towards the hall near my door. Oh no oh no oh no I'm screwed. My face must have shown my panic because he shook his head quickly "No no it's okay I'm just talking to-" he starts but then someone runs out of the hall and I'm relieved to see that it's just Thad. (I probably should have guesses he was just calling to my friends but my brain just immediately panicked)

"Alice?" I heard Ezequiel ask out and I looked over to the hallway near my room and noticed him, Thad, and Borden standing there, no Osvald. "I thought you were dead?" He asked, probably confused as ever.

"Yeah, long story, anyways, where's Osvald?" I ask looking around for him.

"Talking with The Minister." The boy who I hadn't met yet spoke with a more stern voice this time. "Hi, I'm Effrain." He held out his hand and I shook it, nodding gently.

"I'm Alice, but you...probably know that already.." I say and he laughs.

"But yeah Osvald is talking to The Minister, and from the way he spoke it is probably not a good conversation." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair, the brown curls flopping back down on his head.

Borden was now standing next to Effrain "Will he...die?" he asked the seriousness of the situation seemed to hit all of us at the same time, we had no idea why he was in there and judging by the time he spent already being in the room and what knowledge we know had about The Minister, it's safe to assume that he's not exactly in the safest of hands.

Effrain nodded slightly, "It..is a very real possibility..but we don't know for sure until their meeting is over.." he spoke in a calm and collected voice, like a teacher ordering their students.

"Wait, so we just have to sit here, while he could quite possibly be facing his doom in the room right over there?" Thad asked, anger hidden in his words, concealed under the nervousness of our friend's fate.

"Unless we were to break in...which would end badly for all of us." Borden spoke now, I hadn't even realized he was attempting to help us again. He's very indecisive when it comes to which side he's on.

"Question." I look over and see Ezequiel, standing with an even more confused look on his face. Oh right, he wasn't filled in on this stuff. "Why do we not like The Minister, why's Osvald in his office, and why's Alice back to life?" he asked. Question? That's more like 3.

"The Minister faked Alice's death, because he's a psycho lunatic that wants more power and he found out that Osvald had 'conspired' with Alice, causing him to have a meeting with all of us and now he had resorted to talking with him alone, and by talking I mean using their abilities, because that is what's most likely to happen." Effrain spoke with a blank expression, like he wasn't bothered by this. Suddenly I heard several crashes coming from the office. Oh god we're screwed.