26. When Choosing A Bastard

The spectacle that Judar made in the small kingdom was quite entertaining.

Although it received a lot of Claude's hate, it was still fun in a way for his beloved daughter that found it amusing to see him that annoyed. Especially that parting message the Magi left her.

"Princess, the offer still stands. And as usual, I'm the best choice for marriage." Judar said and left.

"What abomination?!" Jafar was about to spout bad words after being shocked by Judar's unexpected words.

Even Sinbad was not doing well. He was astonished beyond words to hear something like that would come out from the person he'd most lastly hear those exact words from and so he was speechlessly staring at the spot the dark magi had gone off to.

But nothing could really beat Felix when it came to being rich with expression. It's like his soul had completely deserted him.

Y/n sighed. "Now it's down, please gentlemen, see yourselves out of my room." Y/n waved a palm to shoo the trespassers away.

Lucas really wanted to laugh, so he disappeared in the room first by teleportation.

"Y/n, get changed and see me in my room." Claude said seriously.

As the emperor left with the others with curious gazes, Y/n was alone in the room again. The cold tea had long been unpalatable and the view of Sinbad's palace backyard had been in a mess after the fight.

Well, Y/n needed to exercise her ears now. It's going to be heavy later.

Sighing again, Y/n did so what her emperor father asked. She changed back to her usual Obelian attire and made her way to the hallways leading to her father's room. She knocked. "I'm here." She announced.

"Come in." Upon the silent reply being heard, the girl opened the door and got in, closing the door behind her.

Claude was sitting on the sofa. There was a table in between sofas and it had a simple set of tea, brewed and smoking to the sight.

"Sit down."

Y/n went to the other side of the sofa Claude was occupying and sat down. She looked at the warm tea that was offered to her and gracefully took the handle with he delicate looking hands. She first smelled the fragrance and took a short sip.

"Do you want to marry that man?" Claude suddenly asked.

The girl nearly choked from the tea when she heard that. She immediately raised her head up and looked at Claude seriously. "Father, what are you talking about? I didn't get to debut yet." She replied.

"I'm asking if you fancy that disrespectful and unrefined bug. Do you?"

"I don't think so. I only met him twice." Y/n replied noncommittally. It's just his father being paranoid. But he did have the right to suspect since Y/n rarely jokes. So either she seriously eyes that bug or there is a small possibility that she is partly joking.

"Really?" Claude squinted his eyes with doubt.

Y/n stood up from her chair, picked up the teapot and poured some on her father's empty cup. "I assure you father. I'll choose wisely." The girl replied. "And also, if I ever marry..."

Claude raised an eyebrow unpleasantly. But Y/n just continued as she put down the tea pot back on the table and sat back on her chair.

"... Then whoever it is, whether he lives outside our empire, he must absolutely submit to me." She said with a smile.

Claude didn't know whether to feel even more proud or wish she would not just marry. Why is time too quick? His daughters he preciously raised are like delicate golden cabbages being arched by shameless pigs.