05. Talented Mages

The next day, Kouha sadly had to bid farewell. He explained that his father already passed away and all royal children are required to attend their father's funeral.

Y/n gave him her condolences and sent him to his carriage as she also bid goodbye. After that her studies continued.

Months had passed and her letter exchange in Obelia became weekly. It looks like Claude and Athanasia had been worried about her these days so they needed her to report frequently.

Currently in the cafeteria alone, Y/n decided to have a quiet lunch. She will be going around the districts later on so she needed enough energy to go by.

But on the first bite, footsteps stopped right to her side making her a bit distracted. She stopped eating and turned her head to look up to a young man whom she remembered to be taking the same class in first kodor.

"You're said to be a genius, right?" He started, his voice was quite calm and nice.

"I don't think I should claim a title that belongs to you." Y/n smiled back at him in response.

Titus Alexius, a boy that carries the Reim empire's name. A boy who expertise in phenomenal magic and aberrant magic.

Y/n had seen a few of his tricks so she admits that this boy is indeed a genius himself.

Titus smiled at her nicely and reached out his hand. "As someone who has the same caliber as me, you are very much welcome to be my friend." He said.

Although Y/n didn't like the sentence he used, she still gave a helpless sigh and accepted out for the hand that was outreached to her. "Thank you. I don't think I had properly introduced myself. I am Y/n." She said.

Titus Alexius

Titus Alexius

"Nice to finally get to know your name Y/n, feel free to call me Titus."

"Of course." She shook his hand before letting go. "Would you like to join me for lunch?" She asked.

There was a hint of brightness in his eyes after she asked. But his expression was quite suppressed into an elegant smile. "Yes, that would be wonderful."

Titus quickly sat with her as his unknown followers placed down his tray of meals and sat across them without much comments. "Then shall we eat." Seeing everything prepared on the table, Titus nods at her.

The four of them began to eat. Y/n noticed that Titus seemed happy dining with people and felt quite the sympathy. Titus has a royal name, he is probably lonely since most of his family members are busy.

I guess, this feels even more like a royal who's still starting to grow up to a new environment just like her.

Y/n could only smile silly. "Titus, have you tried their cakes outside?" She asked.

The boy looked up at her with shining eyes. "No. I haven't yet." He replied quickly.

"We should look around once we get the second level citizenship. I heard they produce good and fresh baked sweets here." She explained.