Chapter 7

A L E X I S _ P A R R I S H

BETWEEN THE BURNING, teary eyes and the scratchy throat I woke up with this morning, you would think I'd be knocked out all day. Instead I've been sat infront of the TV watching re-runs of Grey's anatomy and flying through boxes of tissues and medication.

'Pick me, choose me" the scene where Meredith asks Derek to choose her instead of his wife is so messed up.

Personally, I hate Derek. Once you get past the mcdreamy, you totally see how messed up and toxic he was.

"Boo Meredith" I weakly throw my last used tissue towards the TV.

My stomach growls loud due to the lack of contents in it. I haven't had an appetite all day.

I feel stuffy and weak all over and my head feels so heavy. This cold hit me out of the blue and I was not prepared.

My phone rings next to me, blaring over the sound of the medical series and I grab it to see my mom calling me. I let out a series of sneezes before hitting the accept button.

"Hey ma" my voice is corse, my throat scratches as I speak.

"Hi mi amor, how are you feeling?" my mom asks into the phone.

"I'm okay ma, enjoy your evening with your friends... You don't have to check up on me" I roll my eyes feeling a bit bitter that she's not here to take care of me, even though I hate it when she does.

"Aiii mi vida I was just calling to see if I should bring you some food" she answers.

"I have no appetite ma" I answer shifting on the couch making sure to cover myself with my blanket before I slowly lay my head down onto one of the throw pillows.

"I'm bringing food anyway. You need to eat Lex and also, take a shower, you'll feel much better" my mom advises over the noise in the background. She's at a restaurant with her sisters and 2 of their friends. At least she's having a good time by the sound of it.

"Yeah, okay mom" I say through a stuffy nose breathing ever so slowly.

"Okay honey, call me if you need anything" she says and hangs up before I even had a chance to say goodbye.

While I have my phone on hand, I decide to cash app Hen that 20 bucks I owe her for Chimneys cookie bouquet. This is the first time I've taken a sick day and it was hell for me. Lounging around in dirty pajamas doing nothing all day.

I take my mom's advice and slowly emerge from the comfort of my couch. My bones crack a little as I stand upright, indicating my lack of movement for today. I press pause on my remote and throw it back onto the couch before moving towards my bedroom.

The rest of the apartment is dark as I've only been in one place today, the living room. I turn on the lights as I go.

The view of the dark night, light up by the city lights is seen from my bedroom window, which is basically the half of my bedroom wall across from my bed.

I turn on the light and groan at the sight of how messy my room looks. There's clothes everywhere , candy wrappers and random packs of doritos and lays decorate my hardwood floor. Suddenly, I'm glad my mother's not here to see this.

Through the dirt, I make my way to the bathroom, startling myself by staring in the mirror. My eyes are puffy and my nose is as red as my mom's favorite lipstick. My hair looks like a birds nest and I couldn't care less.

My head still feels heavy when I put on the shower. My arms feel weak as I pull my clothes from my body and step into the hot shower. The steam fills up the bathroom, soothing my breathing a bit and the heat makes my nose feel less stuffy.