Chapter 1

A L E X I S _ P A R R I S H

"I KNOW EXACTLY what that polite distant smile means, she's bored. One foot out the door.. This woman is so far out of my league, but she's just once in a lifetime. I can't let her go" Firefighter Chimney Huan expresses as Bobby cooks.

"Lots of fish in the sea" I add while helping Hen with the remainder of the dishes.

"Not with the bait he's using" Hen says earning a laugh from me. Bobby let's out a light chuckle.

"cruel but true.. mmmm" Chimney straightens up behind the counter he was previously, leaning on.

"I met her on this new dating site for cops and firefighters, RomancingTheUniform. com. She's an adrenaline junkie, so foreplay is me telling her stories about running into burning buildings and jumping into icy lakes-"

"That never happened" I state simply, earning a glare from the korean man.

"I'm sorry wait, remind me when's the last time you ran into or jumped over anything?" Henrietta asks as she places  the plates on the table.

"I embellish a little" Chim shrugs sheepishly.

"Right..." I nod my head at his words.

"I'm telling you, the uniform is a major aphrodisiac" he continues.

"right" Hen let's out a breath. The sound of the firetruck backing up into the firehouse catches everyone's attention.

It's no surprise that Buckley has once again taken the truck to get 'washed'. The sound of the driver's door echos throughout as Buck gets out of the truck and then making his way up the stairs.

With the salad bowl in my hands, I go to place it on the table. The smell of Buck's cologne fills my nostrils indicating that he's far to close for my liking.

"Whew" He leans over and proceeds to dip his finger into my ranch covered spaghetti.

"Hey" I slap his hand away with a frown on my face. He gives me a cheeky, boyish grin that makes me wanna hit him again. I roll my eyes as he makes his way over to Hen.

"Woah Woah Woah... wash your hands... We don't know where they've been" Hen reprimands pulling the food away from him.

"What if we had a call?" Bobby questions walking over to the table with the plated food.

"I was in the neighborhood" Buckley shrugs carelessly before grabbing a plate of food.

"I was just erh... Getting it washed" he reveals.

"Right..." I let out giving him an unconvinced look. Buckley is many thing but responsible? Ain't one of them.

"They charge you extra for the full detail?" Chimney entertains him.

"oh yeah yeah" he nods his head covering his mouth with his hand after stuffing his mouth.

I tune out the rest of the conversation and quickly finish half of my plate. I'm still full of this morning's breakfast with mom.

I then excuse myself and head over to the lockers. I grab my phone from my pocket and dial a familiar number. I hold the phone to my ear, letting my eyes wander around the room as I wait.

"Hey hermana what's up?" the voice of my older brother Matteo booms through the phone.

I find myself smiling at the sound of his voice, having not spoken to him in almost 2 weeks.

"Hey stranger" I smile, mentally picturing him rolling his eyes at the subtle jab.

"Sorry, things have been super crazy lately" he apologizes.