23.

"This so called White Knight of London is making his name

"This so called White Knight of London is making his name." Alexander spoke, staring at the contents of the newspaper whilst drinking his daily cup of coffee. You stare at your father, staring at the front page of the newspaper and saw a sketched picture of a man, a full look of determination visible in his eyes.

You didn't bother to start a conversation with your father about it, you already know that it is about politics and including the two house; House of Commons and House of Lords.

Continuing your breakfast, you just continue to put food in your mouth, wiping the side of your lips with the napkin when it was smudge by the syrup. Your head perk when your mother took a seat next to your father and peek her head at the newspaper.

"Oh, is that Whiteley?" Your brows meet together at her question, your father nodded at her and she smiled in delight. "He's been requesting for his reform bill in the House of Commons ever since." Her tone was lace with pity and you just continue to stare at them.

"Hmm? You don't know Mr. Whiteley, [name]?" Marianne inquire, slicing through the pancake with the knife, and elegantly placing the sliced pancake in her mouth, chewing it slowly. "No, I heard about him but never gave any thoughts." You just continue on eating your food whilst your parents are talking to each other about the White Knight.

It didn't take long before you finished your break fast and excused yourself. Deciding on going out for a stroll around the town, you grab your trusty parasol and the coat that William gave you, it's been with you ever since.

Leaving the manor, the bright sun greeting you making you squint your eyes as you open your parasol and hide yourself under it. Some people who sees and knows you, greeted you with a smile and your reciprocate their actions. A smile gracing over your lips as you stroll around.

"Playing Lord of Crimes?"

Your head almost whip towards the direction of 4 men talking to each other, one was holding a newspaper while the other three was leaning on the wall, listening to him talk.

"Yeah, my son was playing with his friends but he had injured one of the boys."

"Tsk, this Lord of Crimes is just justifying the use of violence."

Your brows meeting together as you continued to listen to them talk, you stop on the side, a few feet away from them as there's a lot of carriage going by.

"As well as that lady Melantha."

You're shock that your alter ego was mentioned, you've never been going out to hunt other male nobles after that night with the phony Melantha, as surprising as it is, all of the make nobles that she had killed was everyone on the list you've made.