2.

Arriving at the said location 5 minutes late, but no one would even take notice as they're busy chatting with one another and probably bragging about their estates, business, etc etc

You never like social gatherings in the first place, because you're sure that they're just being fake and plastic so that they can be friends with you or be acquainted with you.

Being born in a wealthy and a powerful family in this era, they'll be surely be blinded by your wealth and the power you hold in your hands as the second daughter of the Verlice Family.

"Welcome Lady Verlice. We're glad that you could make it." Count Rockwell— the host of the ball, welcomed you with a sickening sweet smile that almost send shivers down your spine. You can't put up with people's hypocrisy because you know what they want;

Power. All they want power.

You greeted him back with one of your fake smiles, you were a great actress after all, your mother calls you that. Doing a curtsey do greet him, some strands of your hair falling in your face, you put your left hand over your chest as you bow.

"It's my pleasure. I heard that it's your daughter's debut? Please, send my regards." you greeted.

"Thank you Lady Verlice." he smiled at you once again and look behind you, trying to look for your parents and other family members. "You're the only one who's here, I see." he seems to be disappointed, how you wanted to roll your eyes at him.

"Yes. My father is currently dealing with his business. My younger brothers have some other business to attend to while my mother is.. tending to my sister." you said, he nodded his head, quite satisfied to hear that they didn't attend because they don't want to but because they're busy.

"I see. Well, it's alright to see at least the precious gem and flower of the Verlice Family."

"Oh, you flatter me Count Rockwell." you bashfully smile at his compliments, but inside, you wanted to roll your eyes at him. "I'm only stating facts, Lady Verlice."

"Please, call me by my first name. Being called by my last name has a weird ring for me." you chuckle and put a strand of hair behind your ear. Count Rockwell laugh as well and replied with a; "Alright, Lady [name]."

The two of your converse, and of course, the topic of your conversation is none other than; Politics and Marriage.

"I heard from your mother that you're looking for a husband?" he question, guiding you through the crowd. He would smile and wave to some guest but focus his attention to you. "I would love for you to meet my son, he's a handsome fellow after all, I'm his father." he laugh loudly at his.. joke and you just smile at him, eyes squinting.