6.

Your father had excuse himself when a telegram arrived, stating that his presence is needed in the meeting with his siblings and his father — your grandfather

Your father had excuse himself when a telegram arrived, stating that his presence is needed in the meeting with his siblings and his father — your grandfather. He stroke your head with a gentle and soft smile on his face before facing the brothers.

He had apologize about the sudden interruption to their meeting and had instructed you and trusted you to handle the proposal as well as the decision about it.

"I apologise about my father leaving." you smile at them, putting down the papers where it's inscribe the proposal of the Moriarty brother. "It's alright, Lady Verlice. We can't avoid such things to happen." Albert reassure you.

Smiling once again and sitting properly, you cleared your throat. "Please, you can just call me by my first name, it feel awkward calling me by my family name in our home." you chuckle.

"Well then, Lady [name]," his emerald eyes stared at you, as if asking to continue which you smiled at and nodded. "Shall we discuss about our proposal?" he query, crossing his right leg over his left leg.

Nodding your head in agreement before looking at your father's office and looking outside of the window, seeing it was a nice weather for a stroll and for a cup of tea.

"Why not discuss it in our rose garden? The weather is nice and we can talk about it in some tea." you suggested, and the brothers seems to like the idea as they smile at you and nodded.

"I'll lead the way then."

. . .

"Oliver.." you grumble under your breath as your butler hold your frilly parasol, shading you from the sun while the brothers were walking behind you, eyes looking around the garden.

"Is there any problem My Lady?" he ask and you just roll your eyed at him, hoping that the brothers wouldn't notice it. "Nothing." you sigh.

You were looking forward to actually show them around the rose garden that you help grow, but your butler was already at the front of the door of your father's office and he offer to guide you to the garden.

"The flowers look really healthy and well groom." you hear Albert said, you smiled at the statement, feeling proud. "Thank you, I grow them myself along with our gardener." tucking a stray strand of hair in your ear.