4.

The incident that happened in the Count's daughter's debut was a month ago

The incident that happened in the Count's daughter's debut was a month ago. And after the ball was stop by an unexpected turn, the Count had already apologized and give some present to the nobles such as; money, gifts, fruits, etc etc.

And it was a month ago when someone had started to copy you.

You haven't committed any crimes after that night but news after news about Melantha's slaughtering of nobles was put on in the headlines of the newspaper.

And it made you angry as the days pass by.

Walking on the hallways of your parents' estate, you've been walking back in forth in the same hallways trying to think of a solution how to find the one who's been using your name for the past month.

String of curses left your lips as you fiddle with your lips, it is unladylike to act like how you're acting now but you don't care about it. You don't care about the status.

All the killings of the nobles you did in the past months was not just because of revenge of what they did to your sister but to also change the hierarchy system of the British Empire and how the nobles sees commoners.

You wanted it to change, you want to make a revolution.

But first, you have to eliminate this foe of yours.

Even though you heard of Lord of Crimes, you didn't meddle with his business. You even thought that he was the one who had planned the whole Melantha copying in the first place but you immediately wave that thought off.

Why would he meddle with your business when you don't intervene in his plans? You have a gut feeling that he was doing it because he too, wants to change the hierarchy system so you thought of him as an ally.

All of these thinking made you put down your guard, as light foot steps made its way up to the stares to the hallway where you're currently pacing back in forth.

Your left hand was holding a stiletto dagger in your hand, even if a maid saw you with it, they wouldn't think anything off of it. As your father likes to collect them.

No purpose at all.

And they'll make their purpose soon.