𝑒𝑖𝑔𝒉𝑡 ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᵒᶠ ᶜᵃᵗ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵒᵘˢᵉ

Beep. Beep. Beep.
It's an annoying sound, you came to notice a while ago. It makes you want to open your eyes, scream at it to fucking stop already, but something keeps you from doing so. Some sort of invisible force holds you down, keeps you numb in a soft and warm bed. You are not completely disappointed by the comforting state you are in, wouldn't it be for the constant beeping sound. Time seems endless in this state and emotions feel numbed out.
How did you end up here? You don't know, you don't even know where "here" is. At some point things start to change. You feel less warm and cozy and the force that pulled you down a few minutes (or was it hours?) ago is no longer there. You feel yourself taking in a deep breath and before you know it, your eyes open.

Heavy huffs leave your mouth, while you blink, your tired eyes hit by a cold white light. You try to talk, but a numbing pain in your abdomen leaves you mute in discomfort. You groan instead and try to heave up your body, but a pair of gentle hands press you back into a cushion.
"Stay down Miss or else you are going to hurt yourself!" Her tone is strict, but a sweet smile is placed on her lips. Is she an angel? Are you in heaven?
"What- who-" you shudder, the chilling air caught up to you.
"You are in Gotham-Central-Hospital Miss, you've been shot." That's when it hits you. A wave of panic washes over your body like a tsunami and your breath hitches in your throat.
"Where is he? Are they hurt?"
"Whoever do you mean?"
"Valeska! Did he hurt them?"
The nurse seems to catch up and shakes her head in a sad manner.
"I don't know Miss. But James Gordon will be here to talk with you soon, we'll have to check you up before though. He's waiting outside."

About half an hour later a doctor came in with a few nurses and assistants. She's a polite woman, though seems to be a little cold. Can't blame her, she's working with cases like you every day, being too emotional isn't helping her or you. She checked your wound and stitches, ordered that you'd get new bandages and explained the damage on your body to you. Turns out it's not too bad and Jerome missed any organ or artery. You won't be able to do any sports for a while now and you should avoid water touching the wound. It won't be an easy time, but manageable. She also told you about your dad's frequent visits the past three days you've apparently been in and out of sleep. He's been by your side since you got out of surgery, but he himself had to get some rest now and eventually left to go home a few hours before you woke up. You're happy that he's safe and gets some sleep. In the end she asked if you are ready to talk to Detective Gordon and you agreed. While a little anxious you know it's the only way to tell him everything and maybe you are able to save people or at least you hope you do.

"Hello Miss (Y/L/N)." He greets with a soft smile and gestures to a seat next to your bed.
"May I?" You nod your head and greet him with a quiet 'hi'. Your voice is raspy, the doctor told you it is because of a tube they had to punt in your throat during anesthesia.
"How are you feeling?" Small talk, great.
"Been better." You answer honestly with a crooked smile and shyly look at him. He did change a bit since the last time you saw each other, he seems more tired.
"Of course. I am truly sorry for what happened to you. I feel even more sorry to make you talk about it now at all times as well, I hope you understand the urgency." You swallow and look down at your slightly swallow wrists. They are sore from the tight handcuffs Jerome forced you into.
"No, it's alright I understand. I want to help." Leaning back against your pillow, pain shots through your shoulder and stomach making you wince.
"Are you alright?" Gordon questions concerned, a worried look on his face.
"Yes." You reply and try to make your position a little bit more comfortable.