𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒 ᵈᵉˢⁱʳᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵈᵉˢᵖᵃⁱʳ

396 days ago you woke up in Jerome's closet, limps bound together and mouth gagged. You couldn't move, weren't able to see for about a day, which caused you to develop PTSD. When cops from the police department of Gotham City found you like that, they knew it would come with consequences. In the beginning you would only talk to Lee Tompkins or your father. She was the one who suggested that you would probably need further treatment and a stable environment. Your father eventually agreed and after your form of treatment was set, it was clear that the two of you would have to stay in Gotham. It's because of Arkham Asylum. The hospital and prison for the mentally insane offers cheap forms of treatment and therapy to young adults, so your father decided it would be the best option. He obviously didn't have the money to pay for an apartment and your therapy in any other city. But in the whole process they never asked you for your opinion. No one did. Neither Lee Tompkins, nor your father asked you how you felt about the idea about having therapy in the same building your tormenter has been imprisoned, nor did any of the psychologists there. But in the end, it turned out that it wasn't too bad. You barely saw him, maybe once a month just for a few seconds, when you or he walked by. He sometimes would call out your name, other times he would just stare at you. It was easier than you thought to ignore him and eventually you became a pro in it too, though you still despise the idea of being in the same building as him, which to you and your trusted psychologist and therapist Doctor Martin, only makes sense.

But today is different. Your doctor didn't show up, so you had to sit and wait. You still sit and wait, like the obedience thing you are. It's honestly weird, Doctor Martin is never late, so you figure that something must have happened. Your thoughts are confirmed to be true when a man in his early to mid forties walks up to you.
"Miss (Y/L/N)?" He questions with a polite smile and takes a hold a few feet away from you.
"Yes?" You are confused and wonder what the meaning behind this is, it certainly can't be good.
"My name is Doctor Strange. I'm the assistant leading doctor in this institute and I'm afraid that we are quite in need of your company right now." The man's smile slightly, but still noticeably fades and you start to realize that something is dangerously wrong. No guards, no other doctors. You don't get that gut feeling away that it has to do something with him. So you simply nod and follow this Doctor Strange into the direction of the mental asylum part. You've only been there once to do a medical check up and you remember it as a dark and creepy place. Walking through it, you almost forget about how you dislike this part of Arkham, the only thing on your mind right now is: "what the hell did you do Jerome?" Your thoughts are being answered faster than you would have liked. At first you heard his sinister voice and then, when you and the doctor turned around a corner you saw him in all his glory, holding a scalpel against your psychologist's neck. A thick numb as formed in your throat and you take a step back, not able to breathe. He takes notice of you and his sickening smile takes another twist and forms into a sinister grin, full sadism.

"Oh look who it is~" He trails off and licks his dry and slightly cracked lips. It appears that Jerome is a bit nervous himself, which is understandable considering that a dozen guards are aiming their guns at his head. Though he plays it off nicely, you admit.
"Now, the princesses goes right into my cell and when I let the good doc go, all of you leave us alone for a bit, eh?" You notice the eyes of all the others involved resting on you. It makes the decision for you easy, after all this is a life threatening situation. You take tiny and quiet steps, walking straight up into his trap. You finally find the strength to take in a deep breath and follow his instructions the best you can. "It's useless anyway." You think. "At some point he would have got me either way." Dizziness follows you on your way and when you enter the cell for good, everything goes down in a hurry.