𝑡𝒉𝑟𝑒𝑒 ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ᵒⁿ ʰᵉʳ ʰᵃⁿᵈˢ

Getting to know Jerome, like really getting to know him, is the most exciting and at the same time most scary part of your deal. It's like riding a roller-coaster. Ups and downs all the way. 
Let's start with the exciting part. First of all you are able to live in peace while in school, at least until lunch break starts. Nobody annoys you anymore, Jerome made sure of that. During lunch break he always wants you to sit with him and his friends. Another pro could be the perks of him trying to help you deal with your weird eating habits. You did not expect him to help you with it, so this makes you feel all bubbly, because no one ever cared for you enough to do so. Thirdly he buys you cigarettes, this comes without any explanation, you're into deep to quit smoking now. And last but not least, you are able to understand him. Which leads to the scary part of your, well weird, relationship. 

You only started to really take notice of the abuse his mother inflicted on him when you started to hang around his trailer more often. Not only is it verbal and mental abuse, but the physical one is what irritates you the most. Of course you were aware that Mrs Valeska slaps her son, everyone knows that, you just didn't notice it to be that bad. You once ran into Jerome when he was about to change into comfortable clothes. With red cheeks you left the trailer, but you were still able to catch the scars and blue prints on his back and chest. Some fresh, others old and barely recognizable. The other scary thing you noticed are the mood swings and manipulative tendencies, that are clearly caused by his ASPD, which he was diagnosed with when he was thirteen. He didn't need to tell you, you found the papers yourself. You connected two and two together and came to exactly four convictions. 

1. Jerome is traumatized 
2. This lead to his antisocial personality disorder 
3. Means he is a sociopath 
4. Which is a potential danger to you

The fourth fact started to become reality after three weeks of being in a 'friends with benefits' relationship with him. You knew that he had violent tendencies, but after a few occasions where he slapped or hit you, he didn't let any form of physical violence overcome him. That was until about five days ago. You sat in your school's library with a boy from your history class, Aidan, and studied together. Aidan, who is usually a little shy, kissed your cheek goodbye and left for home. Jerome saw that. You were sure that he planned to hurt Aidan at first, because Jerome is a really jealous kind of person, but when he noticed that stupid grin on your lips and the plush on your cheeks; he simply saw red. You remember how his fingers drilled into your shoulder blades, grabbing them hard and firm. 
"Stop grinning like dumb eight year old. You should be happy that I took you under my wings, he would have never spared you a second thought otherwise." 
That day was the first time he choked you. After school you were about to make your way to your trailer, when Jerome surprised you from behind. His warm fingers immediately found their grip around your throat and squeezed. Hard enough for you to choke on air, you felt like a dying fish on dry land. While he let go of you after twenty seconds, which felt like an eternity, he repeatedly called you a whore and insulted you furthermore. The next day he offered to talk it out, so it won't happen again. Jerome Valeska really is odd.