Chapter 11 - The Real Witch

15 minutes remaining

There they were, still in the middle of one of the corridors of the main building. They were on the second floor, they could see the chaos caused by the game and the militants down there from the windows. They probably should have moved to somewhere that wasn't exposed like here. But somehow it was quiet where they standing. Maybe the militants thought they already heard all the players from the outside, or maybe the militants didn't care about them at all.

Kingo stood near the big window. He watched the fire burning high as the militants keep adding more corpses to it. Black smoke with a reek of awful scent could be faintly smelled. He saw something fall from the rooftop, on fire. It landed on the nearest pool, it has limbs. Oh, it's a person, he thought. He couldn't see clearly who was it, probably just another player that was unlucky, not that he care so he just ignored it and went back to the conversation with the others.

"I shouldn't be thinking like the Witch. I should be thinking like the game makers!" Arisu grabbed his hair in frustration.

"I think the game master is the right one.. But go on.." Kingo corrected as he folded his arms above his chest and also leaned to the window. Once in a while, he looked at the people outside, in case he saw the particular person he wanted to see the most ever since he got locked up in that room before. He keep reassuring himself that the guy was clever, there was no way he got caught by the militants and got thrown to the fire of judgment. So he focused on what was in front of him now.

"My point is, don't you think this seems tailor-made for the players, for this place, and for this time?" Arisu stated his mind. Of course, it is, the tall man thought. He still can't believe they pulled the last numbered game like this. They waited for this place to fall apart before they proceeded to the next stage. It was a new move. Never let me not be surprised guys.

"After Hatter was killed, Momoka was murdered. Someone who knows the ins and outs at the beach made this game after calculating the timing. Kingo you're one of the first people who know that Hatter died, you get what I'm talking about right?" Kingo woke up from his trance when Arisu called his name.

"Yeah.. Maybe.." Kingo replied as he huffed the smoke from his lungs. He fanned the smoke so it won't get to the girls.

"What do you mean by calculated the timing?" Usagi asked.

"He meant that their death didn't happen at the same time as a coincidence," Kingo said as he looked around and observed his surroundings making sure that no militants were around.

"Exactly.. The game master had likely been waiting for this moment" Arisu agreed with the tall man.

"Seriously?" Usagi frustrated.

"Then who's the Witch?" Tatta asked.

"Hatter's death was made known after Momoka died. Those who knew Hatter's death were only the militants, the executives, and..." Arisu explained. They all looked at Kingo at the same time. The man widen his eyes even though they were swollen. Despite all the bruises and swelling, Kingo was still the man of expression.

"Me.. I know.. You must be suspecting me right now. I get it. But remember that I was tied to a chair in a locked room for the last few hours? Not to mention that I was too busy getting beaten by that rifle maniac" Kingo explained his alibi. He looked at them in turns as if he was asking for support but non of them said anything.

"I was lucky you guys decided to search for me, do you think I would go that far just for an alibi?" Kingo reasoned. He was right. If there was someone who wasn't the Witch, it would be him and if it was him it would be such a plot twist.