Chapter 9 - The Scapegoat

They beat him up in a way to find his other accomplices. He could fight back but he didn't since he had to stall them as long as he can. His whole body was sore, and his vision was blurry, mostly because he lost his glasses when they beat him up. They put a cloth bag on his head and tied him to a chair. He didn't know how long these people had beaten him up, again, times flew differently in this place.

The door was opened and someone's footsteps could be heard. He didn't know who was it at first, but as soon as he heard the footsteps, he recognized them and he grinned.

"Niragi.. My man.. Come on.. The blindfold isn't really necessary, is it? Or is it your kink?" the older teased only to receive a punch from the younger. The younger took off the cloth from Kingo's face. Kingo spat the blood from his mouth to the left but a smile still could be seen on his face. He adjust his vision but the younger didn't give him a chance, he gave him an uppercut.

"I really wanted to kill you ever since the first day you came here" Niragi grab the older's hair making him look into his eyes.

"Awww.. love at first sight, huh?" Kingo said as he received another punch from the younger man. He chuckled as he hissed because of the pain. Not gonna lie, this kid knew how to throw some good punches, guessed rifle wasn't his only specialty.

"You don't know how much I want to put a bullet through your brain and ripped your mouth right now.." Niragi said with a tone full of hatred. He spat at the tall man.

"Do it, I dare you" Kingo challenged him. Despite the fact that his eyes were swollen, they still fired with confidence.

"No..no..no.. a bullet to your brain would be a mercy for you." Niragi gave him a dry laugh.

"So what do you want to do to me?" Kingo asked with a faint grin on his face.

"I'll leave you here, locked in the room. Eventually, your visa will be expired and you won't even know when will the laser shoot through your skull" Niragi revealed his plan about what to do with the man.

"You think that will scare me?" The older man scoffed and asked the younger man. He showed no fear.

"Oh.. You will" Niragi retorded.

"Just say it, you can't kill me, can you? what? do you have a soft spot for me? a little crush maybe?" Niragi hit the man again. He fell and the younger pick him up just to punch him in the guts. The older fell to the floor. The tied on the chair already loosen but the man didn't even try to free himself.

"You fucker! you always think that you are higher than anyone else, huh? You and that white-haired little prick. Always think that you guys are better than us" Niragi alleged the tall man. He really hates the way people look at him as if they were seeing him lowly. He felt disgusted by them.

"First thing first, I AM higher than you guys, I don't see any guy who is taller than me in this place, and secondly, you're wrong, Niragi. I never see you as someone who can't use your brain, in fact, I found you interesting, you are one of the smartest people here. I wish we could work together, I sure need someone like you in the future" Kingo shared his thought, he was being genuine this time. Niragi, in fact, was one of the smartest people at The Beach, but his appearance and the way he handled things didn't show it. Kingo knew and understand that he need the best of the best players to clear the games, the ones they will face later, doesn't matter who they were.

"What is your game?" just like how Kingo thought, Niragi was a smart person. He picked up that the tall man didn't even put up a fight ever since they caught him in the royal suite. So he assumes Kingo must onto something. He had a hunch what was it about but he didn't really care about it. As long as he got what he want, the power over The Beach.