Chapter 3 - The Beach

It's been days since the tag game, he played another game yesterday, a six-diamond game. He was there sitting at the top of a bridge. If this was the normal world, people would think he was about to kill himself by jumping off. But he used to do this with his brother. Both of them were adrenaline junkies. They used to do a lot of unimaginable things that could pump up their hearts. Whenever their friends asked them "why do you do that?" they always answered with "because why not" or "because I can"

Who can blame them? They got everything. They just need something to make them feel alive. If people of their age are usually busy with their careers or paying bills. They were busy spending their parent's money. Not that they minded. Their parents allowed them to do this. They got their permission to live the life they wanted. They were too busy to care though.

It was midnight. He could see some red lasers being shot from the sky. It was a common sight at this place. Every night, there must be people who couldn't able to extend their visas. Thank God he still had a few days left before he had to play another game.

A loud car noise was heard from the city. It was quiet so the car noise was heard even from afar. All those cars. They went back to one place. The place where they said was heaven, the utopia. He even could see the place from his position. It has multiple color lamps. A hint of music could be heard from it since nothing else made noise. The Beach.

He has heard about this place. Their people were scattered around Tokyo playing games every night. He noticed that people from this had one thing in common. They wore a tag with a number on their hand. Like the one, you got when you rent a locker at the gym.

The white-haired man he met the other day had it. The muscular man with army pants also had it. Should we take a look? he thought. He has been used by being a lonely wanderer. But after some time he needs people. Especially after he saw some interesting people this time. Besides talking to himself wouldn't be good for his mental health, right? And that was it. It has been decided. He stood up. He flicked his finished cigarette from his fingers. It fell slowly until he couldn't see it anymore. He took off his glasses and put them into his pocket. He took a deep breath in and out. He looked at the river below him. The water was dark because it was midnight and it was high because it was a full moon. He took one more deep breath and then he jumped.

***

He was tied up in a chair. The bag that covered his had just been removed. He had to adjust his eyes to the light. His glasses were crooked. He threw his head to the back as he tried to fix his glasses without using his hands. He noticed that he was surrounded by a lot of people. Some of the faces that he had already seen and another face he wanted to see.

"You... Help me fix my glasses... I can't see shits.." he said to a guy near him. He had a rifle on his shoulder, the mentioned man just ignored him. Fuck you, you're lucky you're hot, he cursed in his mind.

A long-haired man with a thin mustache and a bright-colored robe was standing right in front of him. Not far to his left was the muscular man from the other day. A long-haired lady in a black outfit and a man with glasses who had a serious look on his face were also there. A lady with bright red lipstick and a white-haired man with a familiar white hoodie. A huge grin appeared on his face. Some familiar faces, I see.

"Hello... Welcome to the Be.." said the man with a thin mustache but the tied man cut him.

"Yeah, thanks but before you start.. could you help me... I can't see your face.." he said casually and he meant by his glasses it was sliding from his nose bridge. Truly he could still see, he just wanted to mess with these people. The thin man sighed and signaled the guy with a rifle to help the tied man. The young man grunted as he walked to the chair and he fixed his glass.