Chapter 9

Imhotep choose to take a break from their journey, at a bank between the canyons that held the Nile River. He soon noticed the airship a little bit ahead of them, he knew right then something was off. The residents in the airship also weren't aware that they passed their son and were in any possible danger. Rick looked down over the railing at the water as he said," That's the Blue Nile down there. We must be out of Egypt by now." Evelyn then adds," In ancient times, all this still belonged to the upper kingdom. The oasis must be around here somewhere." Rick then said," Don't worry. We'll find him. He's a smart kid. He'll leave us a sign."

Alex was indeed smart, and was making another sand sculpture to show where they were going next not knowing they were ahead of him. He hid silently behind a rock as Tia silently sat on another rock and had her feet in the water running her hand through the cool water. Lock-Nah grew suspicious as the boy kept hiding around at each location, before he found him and stepped down from the rock stepping on the structure and picking him up aggressively," Surprised to see me? Leaving bread crumbs, huh?!" he said shaking Alex. Tia quickly got up to go help Alex before Imhotep saw her going to stop him and he interfered,"Lock-Nah, put the boy down." This made Tia, Lock-Nah, and Alex all looked over at him as he was in the water. Lock-Nah slowly put Alex down as Tia quickly grabbed Alex pulling him away from Lock-Nah yet she still stood in the water up to her lower leg so she made sure Alex didn't get in the water. Imhotep then looked at Alex," I hope your parents enjoyed their journey." Alex gained a worried expression as Tia looked confused, before going to Imhotep,"Imhotep, what are you talking about? Please don't do anything reckless to them, you promised." Imhotep looked at her and gently grabbed her hand before whispering in her ear," I must keep you safe from them and Anak-Su-Namun." he then gently kissed her. "I promise I won't kill them if it makes you feel better. But I will slow them down." he added. Tia looked at him, it took time to at least get him to not kill people all the time. But she really didn't want him to do anything to them, but at least she knew Alex would still see his family. She backed away and began to walk back to Alex before freezing as she heard an unearthly roar and she turned around to see the water forming a wall. What shocked her more is that it was Imhotep that did this, and of course this frightened everyone else as it was formed. Alex ran to Tia and hugged her tightly," What is he doing Aunt Akila?" She held him close and hid his face," I wish i knew... but i never seen this happen before. But I know your parents will be okay." she said hoping he would indeed keep his promise. She watched as the wall of water went down the canyon as she tried her best not to be in awe at the ability she witnessed yet worried about the boys parents.

Meanwhile in the airship, Izzy was on high alert looking around. Everyone could hear the howling wind get ever so closer to their location getting them on high alert. Izzy then turned around to see the water splashing against the walls of the canyon rapidly approaching before shouting," We are in trouble!" Everyone else turned around seeing the wall of water. A face appeared in the water as it roared before chuckling. Ardeth quickly commanded the falcon to fly to safety. Rick watched where 'Horus' flew, "Izzy, come hard right! Starboard! Starboard!" he shouted as the water went in for its attack with a roar. Izzy soon threw a lever and a boost was activated to the airship causing everyone to hold on. The face in the water followed as it continued to roar, Izzy haphazardly maneuvered the airship. A wave crashed over Izzy but he got the airship to rise out of its reach a little. They all got up and Rick carefully helped Evy up as they all caught their breath. Izzy got up and held onto the wheel," Was there a little something you for got to mention?" he asked also out of breath. Jonathan turned around and saw the Oasis in the background and states," um, people." They all turned around and saw the exit of the Canyon but also the Oasis of Ahm Shere. They escaped or so they thought, the sound of rushing water was heard and the wave of water came back and the face didn't seem very happy. Izzy they shouted," He's back! Hang on!" Izzy once again pulled the lever making a boost for the airship. All went fine until the boost ran out making it come to a stop. Izzy then grew nervous," Well that's not good." He then ducked down as the wave of water approached. Rick then yelled," Hang on!" The wave threw them downwards towards the forest of the Oasis.