The Park (Where it all Started)

"Alright, I'm going home now!" I yelled at my manager as I exited the bakery. My shift ended early today and I thought it would be the perfect chance to catch up with some of the newest episodes of "Hunter X Hunter". Currently it's 7 PM but I usually don't go home this early. Partly because I have my shift from 4 in the afternoon to 9 at night. But today I got off work at 7 and decided to go home.

On the way home, I looked at the few people on the streets. Some were shopping, some sitting together under some tree, and some drunken lunatics. I took the last turn to my house and insert the key into the door. Oh, there's something I forget to tell you. My mom, she's dead. She died while fighting against a severe injury from a car crash. Some drunken idiot didn't drive carefully and ran into her. Since then I had a hatred towards all people who turns drunk. I mean, I'm okay with people when they're sober but once they're drunk, they're nothing to me. My dad, he's the same. I don't mean dead, I meant the hatred he has. But he is also turned into one of them. Ironic, isn't it?

My dad's been an alcoholic ever since my mom left us. I don't know what triggered that. Maybe it was the fact that part of his heart was taken from him by mom when she left or maybe it was me. I never cared to say anything to him when he was drunk.

As I open the door, a bottle was thrown against the wall and shattered to pieces. "Yo! Kid, get me some booze will ya?" He slurred his words as he shoves 20 dollars into my hands. My face twisted in disgust and I threw the money onto the ground. "Why don't you get it yourself?!" I yelled and pushed my way past him.

"Bitch..." I heard my dad mumbled. My arm was pulled with a brutal force and I came crashing down to the floor. "I said, get me some booze and you'll do as I say, you hear me?!" He yells into my face. I glared at his shoes, refusing to give an answer. And I guess he was low on patience because the next thing I know was he pulling me by the arm and slapped me across the face. That bastard.... I curled my hand into a fist and punched him. I grabbed my jacket and ran out of the house before he could react to what I did.

I didn't know where my feet were taking me but they just kept running. I ran and ran, past the same couples, drunken lunatics, and lonely people that I saw just 5 minutes ago. By the time my legs had given up on me, I was at the park. I sat there, thinking of all the reasons why this had happen to me. There were billions of people out there, yet it has to happen to me. Just my luck, I guess.

I stayed there daydreaming, wondering, and thinking until I lost track of time. My eyes traveled to the metal post with the clock. Almost 10.... Maybe I should stay a little longer.

"Is this seat taken?"

I looked up to see a boy, I'm assuming about my age. He was wearing a dark hoodie over his head so I couldn't see much of his features. But there is something I could see. It was his icy blue eyes. They reflected perfectly against the moon's light.

"No..." I replied quietly. He sat down next to me and now, let's cue the awkward silence.

[Insert crow's call like how they do it in animes...]

"So... What brings you here late at night?" He spoke. I turned my head to look at him. Dirty blonde, pretty handsome side profile, probably a high schooler... I feel like a stalker now....