☆≻Thirteen≺☆

HAESOO POV

HAESOO POV

Jaemin was the one who fit the ear piece that came in two days later. He was doing it carefully enough, so much so that it irritated me. Everything did. I couldn't hear through one ear and everything seemed to be too loud in the other ear. 

Jaemin: Is it comfortable?

Haesoo: yes.

I said, aware that my tone was not the nicest. But he only sighed before sitting back in front of me. Only then did it register in me that I heard him very clearly. Though it seemed off, it was still very clear. 

He probably saw the surprise in my face as he smiled a little when i looked at him for conformation. He flicked his finger near my ear and i could hear it.

Jaemin: Better?

Haesoo: So much.

I could even hear myself better. It was still weird since i seemed to have gotten used to have only one ear functioning in only two days. 

Jaemin: Your ear will be sensitive. be careful for a week and then only start your training. 

I nodded, a bit giddy.

Jaemin: So... how are you and Xiaojun doing?

He said changing the topic but it only served as a reminder for me.

Haesoo: Oh my god, i am yet to tell him. I will see you late Jaem!

I said getting up and quickly leaving the medical bay.

---

JAEMIN POV

As she ran out, i couldn't bring myself to look back to see her leaving. I had told myself i would move on but it only hurt more seeing her so excited. 

I had nothing against Xiaojun but the more i saw them together the more i got intimidated by his presence.

???: You know i am really tempted to say "i told you so". You should have confessed earlier.

I turned around, meeting eyes with Mark. 

Jaemin: Go away.

Mark: You know you need to move on Jaem. 

Jaemin: I know...

I said with a low voice.

Jaemin: I didn't ask to fall for her. It happened on its own.

He stayed silent for a minute.

Mark: I am drinking with some of the gold members and Renjun. Want to join?

I opened my mouth to say no. The gold members were just Seventeen, but knowing Venom had ears on us, we used the code name. And i hesitated thinking, maybe i needed that alcohol.

Mark: Its okay if you don't want to-

Jaemin: I'll join.

---