Chapter 21

I'm at the hospital talking to Ashley.

"Hey Brittany!" She replied weekly.

"Do you know what happened that night?" I ask.

"Yes I do," she said.

"It was Victoria Day. My family and I were watching fireworks. After they ended we went to bed around 11. The next thing I knew from my point of view. That the fire alarm was going off. I woke up and I ran down stairs, but I was blocked by the flames. My father came running. He picked me up and headed towards the door. He stopped in his tracks and remembered that Lexi was still asleep. He ran back up the stairs in the smoke and went to find Lexi. Lexi was gone," she said.

"Where did she go?" I ask.

"I don't know. That's all I can remember! I'm so sorry," she replied.

"It's okay Ash. You tried your best," I say.

"Maybe if you go and check with my... FATHER!" She screamed.

"What's wrong?" Trevor asked.

"Where's my dad? Is he alive?" Ashley asked.

"Yes! He's on life support. Maybe if he wakes up, he would know what happened," I told James and Ashley.

"Ashley when can you be released from the hospital?" I ask.

"In a few weeks! If my recovery is smooth. I don't have any broken bones or anything! Just a little Asthma now!" She replies.

"Okay, we will go find Mr. Brodie Tisdelle," I say.

Then we went back down to the front desk.