Chapter 8

After class I decided to walk home. While walking home I saw all of these kids happy. That's when I... Oh my word! BREE! I checked my watch and it was 2:50. I was suppose to be at Bree's stop at 3! And I'm like 5 minutes away if I had no crutches. But it would add maybe another 3 minutes on to it. So actually I would be there at 2:58!

I arrived just in time. Bree asked me why I was on crutches. I explained to her that I just hurt my self. I watched her put her puzzle together to make a certain object. I saw it was a dancer and it had the quote saying " Just Believe You Can... If You Realize That, You Can Do Anything". After Bree spoke.

"You seem down Brittany..." She says.

"What! No sweetie I'm okay, just a lot of thoughts". I reply.

"Did you ever have a friend that moved away? I did. Her name was Julia. We were best friends then her parents were offered a job and had to move all the way across the globe," she explained.

"Actually yes. Her name was Lexi, I miss her so much everyday. I also dated this other guy and he moved away because his parents were split up," I say.

"Oh... Life isn't fair sometimes" she says.

"It isn't Bree..." I say.

Then her mom walks in the door and she paid me.

I walked home quietly. I went up to my room and just cried. I missed Lex so much. I'm gazing at the photos and remembering the times we had.

"Haha Britt do it again!" Lexi said.

"Ok!" I say as I'm doing my favourite dance move, the body role and throwing my hands down while doing the stank face.

Then I find a picture of the day she was moving. It was sad.

"Listen Brittany! You will be okay I promise! I'll see you soon" she said as she is packing her things.

"I will miss you Lex. I really will!" I cry.

As she gets in the car. I wave good bye.
"See you Britt remember you can do anything that you put your heart you," Lexi said then came out of the car and gave me one last hug.

"Ok see you Lexi! Love you!" I say. Then she stepped back into the car did her seat belt up and drove off.

Since then I've never heard from Lexi again. Until a few days ago. She called me and she said she was coming to visit in a couple weeks! I told her I missed her everyday. We talked and talked about what we would do when she visited.