Chapter 12: Aged Bookstore

"We should probably go to stores today if we want to. I'm guessing most places will be closing early tomorrow, since it's Christmas Eve," I remarked as I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I frowned at how short it looked though, not sure if I liked it. I went ahead and just let it fall over my shoulders again, busy getting ready in my bathroom.

"Yeah, I know we've been into town, but I'm not sure what else they have," Leo confessed, brushing his own hair in the bedroom.

I giggled at how the static electricity was making it fly everywhere. I dabbed a few drops of my moroccan oil on my fingers, running it thought his strands. He made a face at me at first, but then he was fluttering his eyes closed as he enjoyed the feeling.

"I was going to put hair gel in it," he told me once I was done.

"Well, I didn't know that, and I wanted to help you out." I smiled softly as I fixed his hair a little more, loving how soft it felt.

"I smell like you now, which is weird. I'm used to smelling your hair with this."

I giggled quietly as I kissed his lips gently, him cupping my face to deepen it. Our tongues were rubbing together when I heard footsteps behind us. We broke apart to find Tobey standing there, looking awkward.

"I was just going to ask if you two were ready yet," he said, touching his hair as he glanced at the floor.

"We didn't even decide on anything yet," I pointed out.

"I know, but I figured we were doing something today. I heard there's supposed to be a snow storm tomorrow."

"There is? I didn't hear anything about it. Of course, I've been bad about checking the news."

"Yeah, it was just on the morning weather. We could get up to 8 inches of snow and wind. The wind's not terrible, but it could still cause drifting."

"I guess this really is our last day to get out. Should we stock up on anything? I mean, we could be snowed in past our leaving day. I just realized how fast that's coming up." Even though I had a bit of the revelation last night, it didn't seem that big, since I was falling asleep at the same time.

"I don't know. I guess we could just get the essentials, like water and canned food."

"Yeah, we could get soup and things like that. It would be fairly easy to make over the fireplace if we lost power."

"So, I guess we're going to the grocery store. What do you want to bet it will be crowded," Leo asked.

"5 dollars," I joked, kissing his nose before we exited the room. It was obvious that the weather was on the verge of changing. It was breezy outside and the clouds were beginning to roll in. Tobey later remembered that the snow storm was supposed to happen later tonight, and it wouldn't end until late Christmas Eve.

We went to the food store first, certain items already sold out as people panicked and bought everything. Thankfully we were able to get a loaf of bread, canned soup, and jugs of water. If the storm didn't end up being too bad, then we would be leaving in a few days anyway.

We carried our purchases home, where we decided to have lunch, just heating up some frozen pasta dinners. I decided to have the macaroni and cheese this time, the same as Tobey, while Leo picked the spaghetti. I gazed out the kitchen window after we were finished, just lost in my thoughts.

"Would it be crazy if we went into town again? I just feel like I need a day out," I confessed. I didn't want to reveal the real reason. I just needed a distraction from how fast everything was winding down, terrified that Leo would forget about me when we moved back home.