Chapter 9: Santa Claus

I held Leo's hand securely as we ventured up to the attic. We had plans to meet Santa Claus later, but we weren't going to go until after supper.

"The bed actually looks comfortable up here," I commented once we reached the upper floor.

"Yeah, but it's fucking freezing up here," Leo reacted, rubbing his arms before going over to the set up.

"It's probably because we've had the door shut. I don't think it's really heated up here. It would probably make the heating bill crazy if it was."

"Yeah, that's true. You want to stay up here or go back downstairs already?"

"I want to stay a little longer. I really thought there would be more to do up here," I slightly giggled.

"Yeah..."

"You want to sit on the bed together?"

"Alright," he agreed, me admiring the top cover as he looked around the room. "I know how we could get warmer." I could see the half smirk on his face, causing me to merely smile as I nodded.

"Okay," I agreed, him slowly leaning in to connect our lips. I still wasn't over the fact I was actually kissing him, caressing his face to make it feel more real. I loved his bone structure and how soft his blonde hair felt. It just felt like I was in a lucid dream with him. I sighed softly as he deepened our make out session, his hand gripping my waist as his tongue explored my mouth. "You still hate me," I teased when we temporarily broke apart for air. I playfully rolled my eyes at how Leo needed to keep busy, his lips finding free spots on my neck.

"No," he murmured, pulling me closer as I purposely took that opportunity to hug him with a squeeze. I knew that would cause him to snap back to reality, him finally separating enough to look at me.

"What are you going to ask Santa for Christmas?"

"Aren't we a little too old to be doing that," Leo wondered.

"Maybe to sit on his lap, but not to ask for a gift. I think I'm going to ask for new slippers. I feel like Santa would know the best kind to get."

"Fine, then I would probably ask for some new action figures from Star Wars. I collect action figures."

"I never knew that." I couldn't help but look at him with a warm smile on my face. Honestly I wished I knew more about him, since it made my feelings grow stronger.

"Yeah, I have a bunch of vintage ones. Do you collect anything?"

"Hm... Well, I literally have a few rows of slippers in my closet. Does that count?"

"I would say it does," he softly chuckled, his own blue eyes lighting up from that fact. It made me so mesmerized how we both were genuinely into each other.

"So, I guess we'll both have things to add to our collection."

"Yeah, except Santa's not real," he whispered close to me.

"Don't say that. He's the best part about Christmas. I mean, you're right, but I still believe in him for fun." I tucked my styled brown hair behind my ear as I looked down at my lap.

"Yeah, I mean, I kind of do that too," he admitted, causing me to smile a little bit.

"What do you think Tobey will ask for," I curiously wondered, scooting slightly closer to him.

"I don't know. He's been into pickleball lately, but it's probably too cold for him to play it here. You can play it inside, but you have to have a court. It's a mixture of tennis, badminton and ping-pong."

"It sounds like a lot of fun. Well, Santa could always give it to him, and then he could play it when he gets back to Los Angeles."

"Yeah," Leo warmly smiled, us just happily gazing into each other's eyes for awhile.