Chapter 8: Holiday Parade

We kept trying to be quiet as we tip toed up the steps, me dragging Leo into my bedroom. I gently shut the door before proudly showing the space off.

"I think this is the best room in the house," I gushed. "Well, except for the one with the fireplace."

"Yeah, you can definitely tell it's the master bedroom," Leo observed, looking around as I turned on the small television.

"Is there anything you want to watch?" I got settled beneath my covers, leaning against the pillows behind my back.

"Nah, I don't think so."

I turned the t.v. set off, watching as he stuck his head into the bathroom after switching the light on.

"This really is one of the best rooms," he verified, me biting back a smile as I admired how cute he was. I loved the way his blonde hair fell perfectly into place, his ocean eyes suddenly on me.

"You can stay in here tonight if you want. I mean, it doesn't have to just be a tour." I hugged the sheets up to my chest as he smiled softly.

"Alright." He crawled beneath the covers with me, us just sitting in silence for a bit.

"It's getting so late. We better try to go to sleep."

"Yeah," he simply agreed, me flipping off the lamp. I faced him as we both gazed at each other before drifting to sleep.

I almost thought last night was a dream, since Leo was missing when I woke up. I went ahead and drowsily got ready for the day, deciding to take a shower, so I would feel more fresh. I was just casually going down the stairs when I heard voices.

"I saw you coming out of Bonnie's room this morning. What happened last night," Tobey asked as they talked in the kitchen.

"I kind of realized I do have feelings for her. She admitted that she had feelings for me too, so we kissed... I hope that's okay," Leo reluctantly shared.

"Did you sleep together?"

"No! Why would we do that so soon?"

"Because you've done that with a lot of girls before. Are you sure you really like her," Tobey questioned.

"Yeah, but you two worked things out, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but I didn't expect you to go kissing her so soon."

"I thought you didn't feel chemistry with her," Leo pointed out.

"Not the strongest in the world, but I think I felt more than she did."

"If you don't want me to pursue her, then I can back off. I've been hating her about this whole trip anyway."

"No, I don't want you hurting her feelings because of me. Just maybe you could keep the public displays of affection down around me?"

"Yeah, we can do that. Are you sure you're okay with this?"

"Why wouldn't I be? You've gotten the girl... again," Tobey emphasized, sounding annoyed.

"But you don't even like her as much as I do."

"What made you realize you liked her in the first place? It isn't fair I respected her since day one, and then you swoop in and steal her."

"I did not steal her. I thought you had straightened things out, so don't you fucking dare put the blame on me," Leo snapped.

"You didn't talk to me about it though. You talked to her."

"Is there a difference? She told me everything that happened."

"Yeah, there is. I could have been lying about how I felt. I wouldn't have lied to you though. I just wouldn't have wanted to hurt Bonnie's feeling or make her feel guilty."