Chapter 5: Winter Pajamas

LEO'S POV:

I headed up the stairs when it was getting late, rolling my eyes at how Tobey and Bonnie were staring out the window together. They were so in awe by the falling snow, having quiet conversations as I kept moving. I sat on the end of my bed as I removed my pants, walking around in my dark green boxers to find what I planned on wearing. I picked up a long sleeved dark green shirt, deciding a t-shit would be too cold. I was just slipping it over my head when Tobey came in.

"You going to bed too, or are you going to stare at the snow all night," I questioned, pulling out some dark grey sweatpants.

"You're just jealous that Bonnie and I are getting along so well."

"I could care less who she gets along with," I scoffed, tugging my sweats up my legs.

"That's good, because I think I might like her a little bit. I mean, she's so nice and have you seen how beautiful she is? She's always so well put together even first thing in the morning."

"You haven't even been here for a full night yet." I looked at him after getting fully dressed, brushing my blonde hair back to get rid of the static.

"Yeah, but she answered the door for me when I got here. So, which room am I supposed to take? Can I have the one closest to hers?"

"Do whatever you want." I was already busy running a light layer of gel through my hair, since it wouldn't stop flying in all directions. I gazed into the mirror above the wooden dresser before checking my bandaged hands.

"You already need more gauze," Tobey checked.

"Yeah, I think I might. These got kind of stained, since it was when it first happened."

"I'll go get it from the bathroom again. That's where they keep the first aid kit."

I nodded as I paced the room, the floor creaking beneath my feet.

"Is Leo okay," I heard Bonnie ask Tobey in the hall.

"Yeah, he just needs a new bandage. I like your pajamas."

In the next moment I could hear her voice instantly brighten. "Thanks! I got them on a discount at Jc Penney's."

"Well, they look really good. I see you have your Rudolph slippers on again."

"Yeah, they're my favorite," she admitted, me peeking past the crack in the door to see her swaying from side to side a little. There was a hint of a blush on her cheeks as she stood in her white pajamas with light blue snowflakes all over them.

"You dressed for the right weather," Tobey quietly laughed.

"Yeah, that was part of the reason I picked these out tonight. So, which room are you staying in?"

"The one right next to yours, I guess."

"It's refreshing to have someone who doesn't mind being close to me."

"Are you kidding? I'm having a lot of fun hanging out with you. Of course I want to be close to you. I mean..." He was beginning to trip over his words as I found myself naturally rolling my eyes.

"Well, I better let you get that to Leo. He's probably waiting for you. Goodnight, Tobey." She gave him a nice smile that made her face glow before walking away.

"Were you spying on us," Tobey interrogated, raising an eyebrow for a moment when he almost ran into me.

"No, I just wanted to know what the fuck you were talking about. You kept going on about her pajamas," I reacted.

"You want to know what they looked like, didn't you? You wouldn't be interested. They didn't emphasize her butt like all the other girls you've dated."

I gave him a look as I tilted my head in annoyance, just sitting at the edge of the bed as Tobey cleaned my wounds again before wrapping them up.