🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 22

You could feel the crispness of the air around you when you woke up the next morning

You could feel the crispness of the air around you when you woke up the next morning. Then you grudgingly remove the duvet cover from your body as you yawn, stretching your arms over your body.

 Shifting your gaze to the left, where Anais is still dozing in with her mouth ajar

Shifting your gaze to the left, where Anais is still dozing in with her mouth ajar. Little snores escape her mouth. As you look at her wild honey blond curls all over the place and her thin leg hanging over the duvet half on the floor, you smirk. You shook your head as you remembered the fun night you had at the Cartier banquet the night before.

Your gaze was drawn to your cousin, who was sleeping on the sleeper couch across the bed, sprawled out like a snow angel on her stomach.

The arms are dangling from the bed. Her reddish brown hair was tangled just like yours at the time.

You sigh as you slowly rise from your seated position. A dull ache was still present in your belly, and you didn't want to alert anyone in the family to how you were feeling,hoping there aren't any internal injuries. Your mother will interrogate you heavily, and you will flee from her judgmental gaze.

Shaking your head to get rid of any negative feelings, you dash to the bathroom to be the first to freshen up. Last night your returned back home after 12 a.m. You smirk to yourself as you fill a glass with cold water after brushing your teeth after a relaxing hot shower and quietly crept over to where your friend and cousin were still sound asleep and decided to wake Ha-Ni first.You dipped a few fingers in the water and began to sprinkle

Dropping a few droplets on her face. You softly snicker as she tried to wipe the water from her face, you did it again and giggle and say with a singalong voice, "wakey, wakey princess. It's time to get up and conquer the Maldives."

You sprinkle her again, and a soft shriek fills the room.

You burst out laughing at her befuddled expression. She jumped up, pulled your hair, and ran to the bathroom, while you squealing loudly.

"Morning. You deserved it!" she exclaimed from the bathroom door, snickering at your scrunched-up face as you rubbed your damp hair.

You looked perplexed at your friend Anais, who is still sleeping like a dead person despite the commotion. You'd always wondered how your best friend slept among the chaos. You decided to wake her up with a prank while her mouth was still slightly open.